spiecies help/ 4 spinerets??

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found a spider out side that has pure brown legs, black abdomen with a beige marking on it. the marking is kinda hard to describe. its like a rectangle and then heart shape above it. the carapace is white and the abdomen is rather long. the spider is about the size of a quarter. i threw in a cricket the same size as the spider and it agressively took it out then webbed like nuts. i noticed that it has 4 web spinners instead of two. whys that?

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the much needed picture. since my description is terribad lol. note there is a dead spider of the same species with him/her i caught this spider with that spider in its mouth. also theres a cricket and cricket exoskeleton.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's an Herpyllus ecclesiasticus, "parson spider."

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe thanks i thought it looked cool cuz ive never seen one before. its very cool how it has 4 web spinners :D

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D i love the markings. also i have another spider to identify. found in a forrest far away from my house.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
venom is right on the first - parson's spider.

the second - could perhaps be a Leucauge venusta.

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's not always easy to see them all, but this spider has six (3 pairs) spinners.
lol omg thats awesome. i watched it web and i was like woah wait thats not normal. i love him/her. very awesome little one :D