Spiders stuck in shipping

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
My poor baby slings... So after asking Jamie to switch my order from the Borneo black to the lovely velvet pulchra, she shipped him/her and a versicolor but to my old address. I don't know if it was my fault or not. She shipped them last Wednesday so they've been on the transit a week.
I called my local courier to intercept and they said after the forward it goes to an outside facility to be relabeled then back to the local to ship out and I might likely get them Friday.
My question is what are the odds they will survive a week plus in transit?
I'm so worried for their safety, but also minorly worried that I'm out a cool 100.
This isn't Jamie's fault. I probably didn't update my address.

Anyone have accounts where slings survived 1 week plus in post?
I'm on the Oregon coast so, not extremely hot at all. Jamie is really great about packing T's. Just worried... And I know it's my fault for not double checking.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"Probably" isn't good enough hah. I wouldn't be so quick to write off 100$ w/out knowing 100% how a shipper obtained the address. So before you assign fault, especially when dealing with 100$ I would find out where/how address was provided. Last I ordered, Jamie's site ran an online store that one "signs" up to use, and that's where the shipping and billing info is located. Check how she obtained your address.

It all depends on 2 things IME (not including packing), what type of temperatures are inside the delivery truck and warehouse and how well fed/watered the species were upon shipping.

If slings, I'd be surprised if the versi makes it out in perfect shape, and wouldn't be surprised if it's dehydrated or DOA. I'd expect the pulchra to pull through if it's fat and doesn't molt in transit. Some Ts have survived a molt while in transit mind you.

In short, it's a crap shoot.

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
"Probably" isn't good enough hah. I wouldn't be so quick to write off 100$ w/out knowing 100% how a shipper obtained the address. So before you assign fault, especially when dealing with 100$ I would find out where/how address was provided. Last I ordered, Jamie's site ran an online store that one "signs" up to use, and that's where the shipping and billing info is located. Check how she obtained your address.

It all depends on 2 things IME (not including packing), what type of temperatures are inside the delivery truck and warehouse and how well fed/watered the species were upon shipping.

If slings, I'd be surprised if the versi makes it out in perfect shape, and wouldn't be surprised if it's dehydrated or DOA. I'd expect the pulchra to pull through if it's fat and doesn't molt in transit. Some Ts have survived a molt while in transit mind you.

In short, it's a crap shoot.
So looking at my "Address Book" on Jamie's site, I have three of my new address and one of the old address. On the order history for these little guys, it's the old address.
However, I did receive my A. diversipes and A. versicolor to this address (new one) with no issue.
I don't know where the fault lies.
I appreciate her not charging me for the "upgrade" from Borneo to pulchra. So I don't want to throw a tissy if they come here deceased. I wish I just knew what I submitted the order with.
Especially since, as I mentioned, my last order was to here and not the old.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So looking at my "Address Book" on Jamie's site, I have three of my new address and one of the old address. On the order history for these little guys, it's the old address.
However, I did receive my A. diversipes and A. versicolor to this address (new one) with no issue.
I don't know where the fault lies.
I appreciate her not charging me for the "upgrade" from Borneo to pulchra. So I don't want to throw a tissy if they come here deceased. I wish I just knew what I submitted the order with.
Especially since, as I mentioned, my last order was to here and not the old.
Well that's odd. I would email Jamie and ask how this has happened as they have previously shipped to you at the new address.

They aren't randomly picking addresses and hoping they arrive at the proper one, right!

SO is it the buyer that selects the address?

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
Well that's odd. I would email Jamie and ask how this has happened as they have previously shipped to you at the new address.

They aren't randomly picking addresses and hoping they arrive at the proper one, right!

Good call.
I tried deleting the old address as well and it wouldn't delete. May be a site malfunction. If they survive, I'll be happy. Like I said, I'm more worried for their lives than my loss - poor little dudes.
I'll shoot her and email and ask.
Thank you for the advice!

Webbygale

Arachnopeon

Also, my card doesn't link to the old address, only the new. So you would think the payment wouldn't go through but it did.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I have a lot of respect for the calm approach your takeing..Alot of people lose there head over things like this..
I have never ordered from Jamie's site so I don't know how the address book works but I would contact her and have her remove your old one...

As for wether or not they make it.. Pfff.. It's a crap shoot at this point..

I wish you and your little beasties the best of luck though..

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also, my card doesn't link to the old address, only the new. So you would think the payment wouldn't go through but it did.
Yeah, but maybe @EulersK would know more about transactions, he used to be a financier at a major US bank. He's a slick wheeler and dealer.

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
I have a lot of respect for the calm approach your takeing..Alot of people lose there head over things like this..
I have never ordered from Jamie's site so I don't know how the address book works but I would contact her and have her remove your old one...

As for wether or not they make it.. Pfff.. It's a crap shoot at this point..

I wish you and your little beasties the best of luck though..
I sent her a super long email describing everything and the steps I've taken.
Now just waiting to hear back. I really hope they are okay. I can't stand an innocent being dead over a stupid mishap.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah, but maybe @EulersK would know more about transactions, he used to be a financier at a major US bank. He's a slick wheeler and dealer.
When placing an order online, you'll often be asked for a Billing Address and a Shipping Address. For most of us, it's the same thing - websites even have a little box to check telling them that they're the same address so you don't have to type it all again. The Billing Address just works as a form of authentication, nothing more. Similar to the CVC code on the back of your credit card. This address can be checked against bank records to make sure you are who you say you are, but it is not always checked. In fact, it usually isn't checked unless it gets declined or red flagged.

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
When placing an order online, you'll often be asked for a Billing Address and a Shipping Address. For most of us, it's the same thing - websites even have a little box to check telling them that they're the same address so you don't have to type it all again. The Billing Address just works as a form of authentication, nothing more. Similar to the CVC code on the back of your credit card. This address can be checked against bank records to make sure you are who you say you are, but it is not always checked. In fact, it usually isn't checked unless it gets declined or red flagged.
That kinda sucks. I just went through a situation with sprint to upgrade my phone where the billing address didn't match and they tried charging my card multiple times with no avail.
That's weird that some check and others don't. You would think it would be the "standard"

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
ive had slings molt in transit, but nothing bigger than one or two 1/4" slings. i went away for a week this summer and no one touched my spiders, i had watered and fed them previously, all were fine with zero maintenance when i got back, from my 7" striata to my 5 tiny slings. so i think as long as temps are good, the pulchra should be okay. i'd be surprised if the versi makes it however.. best of luck .

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That kinda sucks. I just went through a situation with sprint to upgrade my phone where the billing address didn't match and they tried charging my card multiple times with no avail.
That's weird that some check and others don't. You would think it would be the "standard"
It costs a small amount of money to check, so they only do it if they feel that they need to. It also slows down the transaction process, which would be a problem for a huge retailer like Walmart.

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
ive had slings molt in transit, but nothing bigger than one or two 1/4" slings. i went away for a week this summer and no one touched my spiders, i had watered and fed them previously, all were fine with zero maintenance when i got back, from my 7" striata to my 5 tiny slings. so i think as long as temps are good, the pulchra should be okay. i'd be surprised if the versi makes it however.. best of luck .
Thank you :) I'll keep this updated when I hopefully get them by Friday!

Webbygale

Arachnopeon
It costs a small amount of money to check, so they only do it if they feel that they need to. It also slows down the transaction process, which would be a problem for a huge retailer like Walmart.
Got it. Thank you so much for the insight.
That's why I love this site. Literally any question I have is answered almost immediately!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I have had Avic slings of 1/2" make it 10 days in transit. don't write them off yet, if packed well and fed/hydrated before the trip they have a good chance.
Crossing fingers

advan

oOOo
Staff member
MOD NOTE: Shipping via USPS is illegal and brown boxing talk is not allowed on this forum. Posts have been edited.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had Avic slings of 1/2" make it 10 days in transit. don't write them off yet, if packed well and fed/hydrated before the trip they have a good chance.
Crossing fingers

Good to know, what were the temps?