spiders I found in my house...

WithCerberus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just wanted to start a thread for people to post pictures of spiders that they have found in their houses and ask any questions that they might have about them. Here are two species that I have in my house. The first two are of a spider that I think may be Steatoda grossa although i'm not sure. I found it in my basement with a male in its web so i captured them both, witnessed them mate, and now have an eggsac in her jar. She is a really fun little spider who my mother would have squished without a second thought. Any tips on how to raise the spiderlings when they hatch? should I remove the eggsac now? The third picture is a spider I found crawling on the wall in my basement. I really don't know what it is. Any pointers would be appreciatted. I'll be adding more as soon as I get back home again. Let's see all the spiders that you guys have in your houses.

Bobby

RMBolton

Arachnopeon
Hmm, good idea for a thread...
Here are some inverts from around the house:

Cheers,
R

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I just wanted to start a thread for people to post pictures of spiders that they have found in their houses
the last one is def. NOT a spider :D

Scutigermorpha spec.

Anyway,... good idea for a tread !!!

here's what i came across today

Last edited:

RMBolton

Arachnopeon
gongyles said:
the last one is def. NOT a spider :D
Thanks bud. You'll notice my post was for inverts found around my home. I am sure WithCerberus won't mind that I included a photo of Scutigera coleoptrata with my arachnid photos.
R

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
yeah i know,... :8o i've read over your reply,... sorry
thought it was part of WithCerberus startingtread :eek:

RMBolton

Arachnopeon
No worries, my fault for throwing it into the mix... I thought he's pretty creepy looking and worth a look.
I hope you enjoyed the pics :)
Cheers,
Ryan

WithCerberus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I should have put inverts in the name of the thread other than just spiders. The more pics, questions and stories the better :) . Very nice pics RMbolton. Do you know what species picture number 8 is? It is a beautiful one. It looks like Dysdera crocata without the enourmous chelicerae. I think my third picture is the same species as your first. Do you know what that one is?

Bobby

RMBolton

Arachnopeon
The spider in number 8 is a Broad-Faced Sac Spider (Trachelas tranquillus).
The first spider is a Yellow Sac Spider (Chiracanthium mildei) - a Mediterranean native, now common in the homes of Northeastern US and Canada where it builds tiny sac-like webs in the retreats along the angles where walls and ceilings meet.
Cheers,
Ryan

Last edited:

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Thread. Here's a Salticid I came across in my yard.

John Sloan

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry, the file was too large. I'll have to crop it and repost.

John Sloan

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay, hoping it works this time.

John Sloan

Last edited: