spiders getting tired of life?

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I found my C. Fasciatum sitting in his waterdish today. Not with its whole body, just its abdomen. Is this a sign that it's too hot, or does he have strange drinking manners, or was he just trying to drown hisself?

Ðennis

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine does it all the time... I hear it is because dehydration or it is in pre-molt..T's don't drown.. I had mine under water for 3 days and somebody I know had one under water for a month.. unlikely it will die.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
Mine does it all the time... I hear it is because dehydration or it is in pre-molt..T's don't drown.. I had mine under water for 3 days and somebody I know had one under water for a month.. unlikely it will die.
What do you mean, underwater?

Ernie

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I always find that if you wet the substrate down the trantula will stop sitting in it's water dish.

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's your T's sign to you that you keep it too drie!!!

Moisten up the substrate and do a little misting on the walls every now and then, and your T will be a little more happy spider :)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the replys guys. I will wet his enclosure some...
I have 5 T's now, and it's already getting confusing :? Well, it's a good thing to learn from your own mistakes. (yep, that means I'm pretty darn smart already! :D )

Ðennis

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Raveness
err, hate to burst your bubble, but t's can surely drown

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I know that. But, for short periods of time they wont. Though a month is pretty long.