Spiders are bugs or animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
I know bugs are insects and arachnids are arachnids so therefore animals but I would like to see what everyone else here think..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
what? i dont even understand the question here.
it goes kingdom, phylum, subphylum, class, order, suborder, infraorder, family, subfamily, genus, species.

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
what? i dont even understand the question here.
it goes kingdom, phylum, subphylum, class, order, suborder, infraorder, family, subfamily, genus, species.
Do you think they are animals? Majority of people think they are bugs

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
it is a very commonly know and accepted fact that tarantulas are arachnids. not an sort of insect. we're a little more enlightened to theraphosidae taxonomy than most people ;)

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
YOU said most people see them as bugs. I merely pointed out that even if that were true - which it isn't - they would still be animals.
What I mean is what would you consider spiders? Bugs or animal? Bugs are in insect class and arachnids arent so does it not make them bug/insect although insects are considered animal too?

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
The scientific use of the word animal or the kingdom Animalia includes everything that is multicellular, consumes something other than sunlight for energy & processes it in its Innards, moves under its own power & a number of other characteristics.

The common use of the word animal is generally reserved for the phyllum Chordata while Arthropoda are merely bugs. We have a sympathy for creatures that look/work like us, I think.

Last edited:

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
The scientific use of the word animal or the kingdom Animalia includes everything that is multicellular, consumes something other than sunlight for energy & processes it in its Innards, moves under its own power & a number of other characteristics.

The common use of the word animal is generally reserved for the phyllum Chordata while Arthropoda are merely bugs. We have a sympathy for creatures that look/work like us, I think.
So you say arachnids fall under bug category right?hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.