Arachnoknight
Old Timer
However much they want to eat, or once a week. whatever you feel like

What kind/size slings you have?

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
However much they want to eat, or once a week. whatever you feel like

What kind/size slings you have?
Their a little smaller then a penny. I've been feeding them 1 pinhead a day, but I recently read that that might not be good for them.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
People have mixed feelings about power feeding, no real proof it is harmful. A T will stop eating if its full, until then feed away. But once they hit adult i would put them on a regular diet.

What kind of Ts?

Tofuman

Arachnopeon
People have mixed feelings about power feeding, no real proof it is harmful. A T will stop eating if its full, until then feed away. But once they hit adult i would put them on a regular diet.

What kind of Ts?
They're Brachypelma verdezi.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh nice, i have 2 Slings about the same size as yours, G. pulchripes. My first slings, its pretty scary how small they are.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know exactly how you feel, I feel the same way with my slings. They are shockingly tiny.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I feed mine twice a week... usually 1-2 crickets at a time.

I also mist twice a week, depending on the species.

Dreadz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed my slings anywhere from 3 times a week to once every 2 weeks depending on the species and how fat they look. If they are in premolt I wouldn't feed them at all, and when they harden up out of molting I feed them more often around 3 times a week. On average thou feeding slings once a week is best and more often if the food item is smaller. Hope this helps.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've heard another member mention that Avics get clumsy and have a harder time climbing before and after a molt. Molting is pretty stressful so it might be weak still. This might be the case. I just thought I'd pass that on. I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure there's enough soft subtrate on the bottom in case it would fall. Luckily small slings don't have the bulky body weight that adults do so they can withstand falls better.

Scolopeon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

What kind of Ts?
I belive in power feeding when young, especially delicate slings and then gradually even out the diet as they mature, this is the methodology I have abided by with all of my pets including monitor lizards and reptiles.