Spiderling missing a fang

Rocky

Arachnopeon
I just found one of my ts in all my years of keeping spiders missing one of its fangs. It's a spiderling lp probably in its 3rd Instar and is in premolt now. The fang is abut 2/3s gone on one and the other one is completely fine. About how many molts can i start feeding it live food again or should it be fine after this molt. I think my gf used the metal tongs to pull out a feeder thinking the t wasn't hungry and he went after the tongs and bit it.... she feels horrible now.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Im not really sure but it would make sense if the fang would be fine after the molt :)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tarantulas can get by with only one working fang. I have a Pamphobeteus sp. Ecuador "purple bloom" that has one good fang - and one that goes sideways, over his pedipalp. http://arachnoboards.com/threads/pamphobeteus-sp-ecuador-purple-bloom-with-wonky-fang-help.283085/

He has now molted twice since I got him and the fang is still sideways - but it doesn't slow him down in the least. He's a cricket-munching machine! He just uses the one good fang.

Since yours is still a sling, prekilled prey is probably safest for now. You said you're expecting a molt soon, so maybe wait and see how that goes before offering live prey. When you are ready to try live, drop it right in front of her and watch to see if she is able to grab it. If she has trouble, pull it out and go back to prekilled for a while.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
It's nothing to worry about, LP grows fast I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely back to normal in one molt, 2 would almost guarantee it being regrown

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
I just found one of my ts in all my years of keeping spiders missing one of its fangs. It's a spiderling lp probably in its 3rd Instar and is in premolt now. The fang is abut 2/3s gone on one and the other one is completely fine. About how many molts can i start feeding it live food again or should it be fine after this molt. I think my gf used the metal tongs to pull out a feeder thinking the t wasn't hungry and he went after the tongs and bit it.... she feels horrible now.
I just had my genic molt 2 weeks ago, and it lost the fangs in the molt. It's only 1.5" and I worried. After it was ready to eat, I cut the heads off 2 crickets, cut em into pieces, added a few drops of water a made a cricket gumbo fir the sling. I dropped the goo in front of the sling. And it scooped it right up, and into its mouth. It eats just as regular as it did before, except for the cricket soup I need to make.
Im hoping it'll get the fangs back next molt

Rocky

Arachnopeon
It's nothing to worry about, LP grows fast I wouldn't be surprised if it's completely back to normal in one molt, 2 would almost guarantee it being regrown
I figured that might be the case with such a quick growing species

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
I figured that might be the case with such a quick growing species
Just keep it well fed. Offer prey a lil more than normal too because IF u chop a cricket up by the time u feed the T, there isn't as much a meal as normal.