Spiderling MIA !

johnniecoltrane

Arachnopeon
I am several states away from home, and my boyfriend has been watching over our collection of tarantulas. Our g. aureostriata has escaped through the ventilation slats in its 'kritter kreeper' and has not been seen in a week. She's about the size of a dime, fully spread... What are the chances of finding her? Am I going to smoosh her in my sleep? Is my big fat cat gonna seek her out and eat her?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am several states away from home, and my boyfriend has been watching over our collection of tarantulas. Our g. aureostriata has escaped through the ventilation slats in its 'kritter kreeper' and has not been seen in a week. She's about the size of a dime, fully spread... What are the chances of finding her? Am I going to smoosh her in my sleep? Is my big fat cat gonna seek her out and eat her?
Not too terribly great. I'd venture to guess that your only chance at finding it is now looking for silk trails on your carpet by shining a flashlight parallel to the floor.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cat is bad news, hope u find ur T before ur cat will

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi lets hope you get it before the cat but they can be very hard to find just keep looking it may turn up you never know good luck and its a pain when this happens - phil :)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Best wishes and best of luck on finding your aureostriata! I want to hear you get it back safe and sound. :D On a side note, it's a good idea not to put any sling that's smaller than 1-1.5inch in a KK, not even a mini one due to the fact that they can slide out the ventilation slits as in your scenario. On future sling purchases that small, you can house them in a thornton vial with air holes at the top or even a deli cup and if you house them in a bigger container for example a food storage container make sure the air holes you make are small enough so it can't wiggle out. You'll have good air flow and minimization of the chances of a T going MIA. Best wishes on finding your aureostriata again!:D