Spiderling care?

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
I caught a nursery web spiderling (orange), I have been keeping him in a small container with a bottle cap of a little water, substrate, a rock and some moss. I put in some flightless fruitflies, the spidering is pretty small with the legs included about the size of an index fingernail. Is there anything else I should add for food? I can't tell if he is eating the fruitflies or not.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
I caught a nursery web spiderling (orange), I have been keeping him in a small container with a bottle cap of a little water, substrate, a rock and some moss. I put in some flightless fruitflies, the spidering is pretty small with the legs included about the size of an index fingernail. Is there anything else I should add for food? I can't tell if he is eating the fruitflies or not.
you can only hope he is eating and if he doesnt you should release it (if you got it outside)
it may be doomed from a failure to thrive from natural causes.
most spiderlings die in the wild from the same egg sac.

all that being said. pictures help a thousand times more than words.

Caveternal

Arachnosquire
you can only hope he is eating and if he doesnt you should release it (if you got it outside)
it may be doomed from a failure to thrive from natural causes.
most spiderlings die in the wild from the same egg sac.

all that being said. pictures help a thousand times more than words.
Thank you for the tips, i ended up getting busy and finally seeing your reply but he is doing fine eating and growing twice as big now on fruit flies