• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Spider Pharm (http://www.spiderpharm.com/

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
POSITIVE!

I ordered ten adult Vaejovis spinigerus from Chuck Kristensen of Spider Pharm. The packing was excellent yet I chose to have them shipped via USPS priority (they're based in Yarnell, AZ I in Riverside CA). Inexpensive but risky certainly in other parts of the States during this terrible cold spell.

They were shipped on last Monday and my regular mail man delivered them to my door with the rest of my mail today.

The packing was excellent and each scorpion was contained in individual vials with cotton and the ten vials packed in a single sandwich bag.

Now the bad, I had one DOA scorpion and one scorpion that suffered a leg injury, most of the leg was dark and partially torn at one place, I removed the injured bad segments. Also same said scorpion was leaking from a rear portion of it's pleural membrane. My guess the scorpion suffered a self inflicted sting (or by another and it went undetected). And am not even going to bother to inform the dealer because it was a great deal and I feel partially responsible.

The other eight are adorably exceptional very healthy and currently exploring or hidden beneath the terrarium decor. (And always willing to sting ;P )

Overall, I highly recommend this dealer (although I would be hesitant to confidently recommend priority mail if you do not live in temperate or warmer climes).

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive!

Hola Chuck Kristensen and his family run business, Spider Pharm.

First off, once again, Chuck packs excellently and delivers great inverts. Originally, I had ordered a couple of P. octopunctatus females, a couple each of the following P. johnsoni females and males.

After a brief email exchange, Chuck apologized that he was currently out of P. octopunctatus and male P. johnsoni for the following reasons.

"Unfortunately, the Phidippus octopunctatus and Phidippus johnsoni males are out of stock. The last of these died recently. Male johnsoni normally die off by late fall and the octopunctatus are summer breeders, generally dying off in the fall.

Phidippus johnsoni females mate in the fall and lay in late winter or early spring, so have plenty of females that should be gravid and should produce egg sacs."

And inquired what would I'd rather prefer a refund or select substitutions. Of course, I chose substitutions Spider Pharm is quickly becoming my go-to supplier of Arizona and North American native true spiders.

My package arrived today packed with awesome healthy spiders and other extras, including three Selenops ssp (desert dwelling spiders that resemble Huntsman Spiders but aren't), two juvenile Hogna carolinensis, two gravid P. johnsoni (both unbelievably massive in size), and one purse full of house fly pupae.

100% complete customer satisfaction. I look forward to ordering more scorpions and spiders from Chuck and family in the very near future. Great selection! Great prices!

:D

Last edited:

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

Spiderpharm is pretty cool stuff. He called me on the phone to confirm my order and discuss some things about it, he shipped like a ninja, the packaging was great, the spiders were sexy, and he threw in some free stuff too.

Chuck is a good guy, A+ IMO..

Last edited:

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive!

I just ordered 4 V. spinigerus from spider pharm, and just got them today.. this is my experence with them.

First off, the packing was great! I recived all 4 of my scorps in mint condition(tightly packed), with no problems, very healthy.

The shipping kinda pissed me off, but I soon came to relize that the united states postal service was at failt here... they are total idiots, but even through all that i got them in 2 days. They say on spider pharm's site that u can use Fed-Ex and overnight shipping, but when I called them they told ME that they can only ship priority mail, which was fast enough anyway. another little anoyance was that they only ship on mondays, so be prepaired to wailt a while if u order on tuesday/wednesday.

So to wrap it up, i got 4 very healthy scorps in 2 days for ONLY $17!!! I would recomend them to everyone!:D :D :D :clap: :clap: :) :) :)

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spider Pharm

My experience with Chuck at SpiderPharm has been absoloutely awesome. I purchased one V. Spinigerus, and I am proud to report that this is a great animal. It came packed extremely well, and has obviously been well cared for.

All in all, a great little scorp at a great price. Friendly service, insanely fast shipping and best of all, a very healthy and tip top condition scorp. Chuck was a great help with any and all of my questions too! I deffinitely reccomend them!

AAA+++ ;)