spider night

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay so tonight for whatever reason Sci fi channel is showing all of it's crappily made spider horror movies and I've watched maybe 3 of them by now and the more of this mindless junk I watch the more I realized, cg artist are lazy --- none of the fake giant spiders terrorizing mankind have chelicera. Just fang jutting out from the front of the spider and that's on the well done movies...

I guess this junk doesn't leave the same bad taste in my mouth that "Kingdom of the spiders" with william shattner did.

Water spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, they propably think no-one is going to notice, and don't research spider anatomy.

And how many people would notice something like that? It's clear to us, but most people don't really look spiders closely enough to notice anything like that. Spiders and scorpions in comic books, for example, look often ridiculous, having their legs coming from weird places or something like that.

I have a friend who knows a lot about the horses, and she is always complaining how they look weird in comics or how they act wrong, and I never notice anything wrong with them.

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You would think that it would be easier to just enlarge an image of a real spider. I watched about 15 min. of one of the movies and then changed the channel, couldn't take it any more.