Spider never eaten?

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Late February I found this tiny spider which I decided to keep. She's about 1.5mm, and I didn't know what to feed her, but people on spiderID said that pre killed prey and pollen where good food choices for tiny spiders. I've never seen her eat during day or night, and she hasn't grown at all. She acts pretty normal, and comes out whenever I mist her enclosure. What's happening here? For size comparison, the stick next to her is a toothpick, and her enclosure is a 1 oz jar. IMG_20210505_221752101.jpg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
You feed her potato chips and pine needles? Give that thing some small prey items to eat. And a bigger enclosure

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Thanks for your reply! I'll do that asap. What size enclosure would you recommend? I want to give her enough room to be healthy, but I also want to be able to keep a close eye on her.

Last edited:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I can’t see it well so I’m not sure what species it is, but if it’s a jumping spider feed it flightless fruit flies.

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
This is a type of crab spider. I've offered her fruit flies, but she always ran away from them. I got the smallest size that Josh's frog sells, so I'm not sure what to feed her :(

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
With such tiny spiders, I’ve had success with booklice or large springtails. (Feeding them just until the spider would take FFs) The fruit flies might be intimidating for such a small spiders.