Spider like venom found in a plant

Jess S

Arachnobaron
This popped up on my feed. It's from the well renowned botanical reporters CNN ! Lol. All jokes aside it's really interesting .

The plant in question is an Australian dendrocnide tree. Means stinging tree. It's indigenous name is the "Gympie-Gympie" tree. Its a rainforest nettle found in eastern parts of Australia.

Here's the link. If the link doesn't work, let me know and I'll send you the text.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pretty cool, but I think it's still a stretch to call the tree venomous even if it produces analogous chemicals.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Having stomped a little of the Qnslnd forests this doesn't come as a very big surprise. Those palm like trees with 6-8 inch needle like spikes, the wait-a-bit bushes... seems like the a lot of the flora is out to get you and has spent quite a few millenniums practicing. Just add some green ants and you've got your average forest party.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Really funny, Im developing a card game and I based a creature off of the Gympie- Dendrocnide moroides , its called the Gympie Ghoul, and one of its attacks is called Silica Sickness, based off of the silica hairs that break off in your skin. :happy:

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Really funny, Im developing a card game and I based a creature off of the Gympie- Dendrocnide moroides , its called the Gympie Ghoul, and one of its attacks is called Silica Sickness, based off of the silica hairs that break off in your skin. :happy:
That sounds really cool! The names are just perfect too.