Spider ids?

Duriana

Arachnoknight
I found some very interesting spiders when I went out,

the first one the camera didn't really capture it and it's kinda hard to explain but it was three dimensional web with kinda of a mushroom top shape in the middle. I wasn't able to focus on the spider but it looked like a leucauge Venusta but I've never seen them make a web like this.
IMG_0873.JPG IMG_0874.JPG

Second I used to think was a spider web with some bird poop on it but then once I looked closer I saw a lil spider camouflaging in the "poop" :rofl: I'm guessing it made the poop looking stuff
IMG_0877.JPG
Sorry for the bad quality on both of them

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Where, geographically speaking, were these spiders found? (America is a big place.)

the first one the camera didn't really capture it and it's kinda hard to explain but it was three dimensional web with kinda of a mushroom top shape in the middle. I wasn't able to focus on the spider but it looked like a leucauge Venusta but I've never seen them make a web like this.
That sounds like a basilica orbweaver (Mecynogea lemniscata) or a filmy dome spider (Neriene radiata).

Mecynogea lemniscata is primarily found in the southeastern quarter of the country; its web looks like this.

Neriene radiata is found throughout the 48 states; its web looks like this.

Second I used to think was a spider web with some bird poop on it but then once I looked closer I saw a lil spider camouflaging in the "poop" :rofl: I'm guessing it made the poop looking stuff
The egg sacs of Mecynogea lemniscata look like that. There are a few other species that make vertical structures -- some just debris for camouflage, and some their egg sacs.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Where, geographically speaking, were these spiders found? (America is a big place.)

That sounds like a basilica orbweaver (Mecynogea lemniscata) or a filmy dome spider (Neriene radiata).

Mecynogea lemniscata is primarily found in the southeastern quarter of the country; its web looks like this.

Neriene radiata is found throughout the 48 states; its web looks like this.

The egg sacs of Mecynogea lemniscata look like that. There are a few other species that make vertical structures -- some just debris for camouflage, and some their egg sacs.
I think it's the M. Lemniscata on the first one and the C. Turbinata on the second. Thank you for the help on both of my threads :embarrassed: