Spider identification

TrueSpiderKing

Arachnopeon
Spider ID? I wasn’t sure.

And is dropping few drops water, and feeding every week or every other week ok?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Looks like juvenile black widow to me. Although I’m having a hard time seeing colorations.

edit: after seeing second set of pics. I don’t think it’s a widow. So I’m not sure what it is.

Last edited:

TrueSpiderKing

Arachnopeon
I would never have suspected juvenile black widow. That would be awesome though. But I don’t know. I had thought maybe triangulate cobweb?

Maybe I can get a Better picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Another reason I was thinking it might be a black widow is because of its web structure.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A better picture would definitely help as well as geographic locatoin. It does appear to be Theridiidae to me; my guess would be Theridion sp.

Edit: just saw the photos posted above this post. Doesn't look to be Theridion

Last edited:

Cororon

Arachnoknight
My first thought was Steatoda, but many Theridiidae spiders look similar before they mature.

Good that there's a "paper flap" in that cup, to serve as a retreat. These spiders love to have a place where they can hide and feel safe.

TrueSpiderKing

Arachnopeon
My first thought was Steatoda, but many Theridiidae spiders look similar before they mature.

Good that there's a "paper flap" in that cup, to serve as a retreat. These spiders love to have a place where they can hide and feel safe.
Thanks for all the answers and Lol yeah wasn’t intentional . It just crept right under there. Should that be fine for it live it’s whole life or? Is it gonna get a lot bigger or anything you think

Cororon

Arachnoknight
Thanks for all the answers and Lol yeah wasn’t intentional . It just crept right under there. Should that be fine for it live it’s whole life or? Is it gonna get a lot bigger or anything you think
It looks alright. :) The Steatodas I've had liked to move every couple of months, so you may want to get a better enclosure, maybe an acrylic box with a lid (and small air holes), and some "scaffolding" for the web, plus something to use as a retreat. I mean, it could be difficult to just put a lid on the cup when the spider has its retreat there at the top.

If it turns out to be a male, I would make it possible for him to leave the place. His hormones will make him want to go on an adventure to find a female. :)

I was thinking Parasteatoda myself.
Yeah, could be! They are generally lighter in colour than the Steatodas.