spider identification.

just curious what kind of spider this is. it's really big ,hopefully he or she will eat lots of bugs

• Wolf spider

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • tarantula

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jamie P

Arachnopeon
I was hoping to find out more about this spider. I found it very interesting and let it go on its way after I took the picture, I figured it was more benificial then dangerous. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide. If it helps I live in southwest missouri.

Attachments

Jamie P

Arachnopeon
I was hoping to find out more about this spider. I found it very interesting and let it go on its way after I took the picture, I figured it was more benificial then dangerous. Thank you in advance for any help you may provide. If it helps I live in southwest missouri.

Jamie P

Arachnopeon
This spider is much different then the wolf spider I posted before . Interest to note that he was found in almost the same place. I'm thinking surely this one is a tatantula?

Attachments

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
This spider is much different then the wolf spider I posted before . Interest to note that he was found in almost the same place. I'm thinking surely this one is a tatantula?
I'm gonna hazard a guess that's a trapdoor spider.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Cool find!

This is a male cork-lid trapdoor spider (family Ctenizidae, genus Ummidia) -- likely wandering in search of a mate.

Jamie P

Arachnopeon
Cool find!

This is a male cork-lid trapdoor spider (family Ctenizidae, genus Ummidia) -- likely wandering in search of a mate.
Thank you, my wife and I had never seen a spider like that before! Like you said he wandered around the yard for a while before heading off into the woods by our house. It's really cool to know what he is.