Spider Identification and care.

Name Required

Arachnopeon
1.- I got a couple of these recently that seem to be Pritha sp. Crevice Weavers females (they are about 4 mm in body length). Can anybody confirm?
IMG_20191220_174759.jpg IMG_20191221_173813.jpg

2.- I would also appreciate some help in setting up an enclosure. I have tried several setups (with water lid, a tube and leaf to hide, sand substrate, moist paper towel, toothpicks to climb, etc.) but the spiders didnt hide nor built any web. Finally I put some wrinkled paper on the sides of the enclosure to simulate a wall texture and the spiders seem to like to explore it and to hide behind it.

3.- Have fed them with fruit flies but they dont seem to pay them attention. I guess these spiders feed only a few times a year but would like some confirmation.

4.- There is another unrelated question about a steatoda grossa sp. male I got about two weeks ago. I have also a female and a couple of juveniles in separate containers. He has built a web but has not fed on the fruit flies I give him. Currently he is coexisting with a clothes moth in his cage. Maybe males stop feeding on winter?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
1.- I got a couple of these recently that seem to be Pritha sp. Crevice Weavers females (they are about 4 mm in body length). Can anybody confirm?
Looks like it.

2.- I would also appreciate some help in setting up an enclosure. I have tried several setups (with water lid, a tube and leaf to hide, sand substrate, moist paper towel, toothpicks to climb, etc.) but the spiders didnt hide nor built any web. Finally I put some wrinkled paper on the sides of the enclosure to simulate a wall texture and the spiders seem to like to explore it and to hide behind it.
I have not kept Pritha, but if these spiders are kept anything like Kukulcania (same family), they aren't terribly picky about setups, but they prefer a crevice-like structure that they can use as a retreat. (Their webbing will radiate out from the retreat.)

3.- Have fed them with fruit flies but they dont seem to pay them attention. I guess these spiders feed only a few times a year but would like some confirmation.
I feed my Kuks the same feeders that I give my tarantulas: mealworms, mealworm pupae, and dubia roach nymphs.

4.- There is another unrelated question about a steatoda grossa sp. male I got about two weeks ago. I have also a female and a couple of juveniles in separate containers. He has built a web but has not fed on the fruit flies I give him. Currently he is coexisting with a clothes moth in his cage. Maybe males stop feeding on winter?
Mature males usually don't have much of an appetite.