Spider ID

Dave Barlow

Arachnopeon
I am a visitor to the Yucatan from the UK. I am a new member of the British Arachnological society. While at the Mayan temple at Tulum I saw a spider run across the path in front of me what caught my attention was that is was being followed by a wasp. The wasp eventually caught up with the spider and seem to bite the spider which then became immobile. I took a couple of poor shots with my phone. I know this is a long shot but can anyone get to genus or even species of either the predatory wasp or the spider. The spider does have quite a distinctive pattern on the thorax and abdomen. I live in hope that there are experts on here who like a challenge!

Attachments

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Guessing Sparassid. Known to have exotic coloration.

Suspected Sparassid. Yet to be fully described.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm not real familiar with UK spiders but resembles a funnel web wolf spider (Sosippus).
This was from a visit to the Yucatan. Don't worry, I had to double check that too ;)

I agree with Sparassidae and the wasp is either going to be family Sphecidae or subfamily Pepsinae.

Tigrosa

Arachnosquire
How sure are you guys that this is a huntsman? I would have guessed it's a ctenid.