Spider ID - wolf spider?

Petitchou

Arachnopeon
I've found a few of these in the house; I was able to catch this one this morning. Is it a wolf spider? I have young kids at home and would prefer not to co-habitate with them - any suggestions?

Attachments

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yea it's a wolf spider.. They are harmless just teach your youngins not to touch them..

As far as getting them out of your house for the safety of your children ask yourself this... How often do you let your ankle biters play on the grass? Wolf spiders are everywhere in every yard all the time!

Continue to catch them when you see them in your house and release them out side..

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Yea it's a wolf spider.. They are harmless just teach your youngins not to touch them..

As far as getting them out of your house for the safety of your children ask yourself this... How often do you let your ankle biters play on the grass? Wolf spiders are everywhere in every yard all the time!

Continue to catch them when you see them in your house and release them out side..
This this this. Perfect time to teach the kids not to smash every critter they might see in the house.

Petitchou

Arachnopeon
Ha! I'm more worried about the toddler trying to pick it up and play with it! Don't they have a painful bite? In any case, good to know.

And although I'm not crazy about them in the house, we're not generally a critter smashing family. In fact, my 4 year old sat by the jar when we first caught it to reassure it - "Don't worry, little tarantula, I know you're scared, I know you're scared in that jar..."