Spider ID Request

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Hello Guys,
I'm having trouble trying to identify this spider outside my house in London, can someone help me out?
Appears to be Araneus Marmoreus, the marbled orb weaver, var. pyramidatus, having a snack of some bug it trapped. Harmless to humans, highly beneficial and fun and educational to watch. Going by shape and coloration, yours is probably a male. Males have a body length of less than 1 cm where females are around 1.5 cm.

Last edited:

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Hello Guys,
I'm having trouble trying to identify this spider outside my house in London, can someone help me out?

Best,
Moe Money
Appears to be Araneus Marmoreus, the marbled orb weaver, var. pyramidatus, having a snack of some bug it trapped. Harmless to humans, highly beneficial and fun and educational to watch. Going by shape and coloration, yours is probably a male. Males have a body length of less than 1 cm where females are around 1.5 cm.
To me it looks like Araneus diadematus. Maybe I missed something though?

Moe Money

Arachnopeon

Thanks so much!!

Moe Money

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the help lads,
My friend also in London spotted this guy in his house.
We believe it is a wolf spider, any thoughts?
Best,
Moe Money

Attachments

Moe Money

Arachnopeon
Thank you for all the help fellow spider enthusiasts.
I have quite the backlog of spider identification.
I took this picture in Bali a couple weeks ago and wandered if anyone has any ideas? It's a bit more a of a tricky one. Thanks again.

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
Thank you for all the help fellow spider enthusiasts.
I have quite the backlog of spider identification.
I took this picture in Bali a couple weeks ago and wandered if anyone has any ideas? It's a bit more a of a tricky one. Thanks again.
It’s in the genus nephila, which are known as golden silk orb weavers.