Spider id..Nashville TN.

NYAN

Arachnoking
BrOwN ReClusE

I think this is the state spider for many states in the south central US.

Brown Recluse- worse than a Black Widow
No, definitely not. I’d rather be bitten by any American Loxosceles over the medically significant Latrodectus species.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, definitely not. I’d rather be bitten by any American Loxosceles over the medically significant Latrodectus species.
I've changed my mind due to some more info below!

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
Well, being pretty familiar with the research regarding the toxicity and envenomation of both genera, I would. 90% of actual recluse bites result in no significant symptoms. When a bite results in loxoscelelism or a necrotic reaction, the bites will generally heal on their own.

Latrodectus often give dry bites, but their venom causes much more severe effects when venom is injected.

You should read a bit about them maybe.

Also, your added comment about amputations is pretty ridiculous. I guarantee that no actual bites have ever resulted in this from the toxicity of the venom alone, maybe ever period.

I recommend reading the brown recluse by Rick Vetter. You’ll learn a lot about them, the psychology behind people’s reactions to them, and medical misdiagnosis.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, being pretty familiar with the research regarding the toxicity and envenomation of both genera, I would. 90% of actual recluse bites result in no significant symptoms. When a bite results in loxoscelelism or a necrotic reaction, the bites will generally heal on their own.

Latrodectus often give dry bites, but their venom causes much more severe effects when venom is injected.

You should read a bit about them maybe.

Also, your added comment about amputations is pretty ridiculous. I guarantee that no actual bites have ever resulted in this from the toxicity of the venom alone, maybe ever period.

I recommend reading the brown recluse by Rick Vetter. You’ll learn a lot about them in an easily understood manner.
I'll take your word for it. I've changed my mind, I'll take a BR over a BW tagging. I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm glad you corrected me.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I'll take your word for it. I've changed my mind, I'll take a BR over a BW tagging. I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm glad you corrected me.

Don’t take my word for anything. Definitely do your own research and make conclusions from it.

Also, I realize that I may have come off a bit rude and condescending. I apologize for that as it was not my intent.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don’t take my word for anything. Do your own research and make conclusions from it.

Also, I realize that I may have come off a bit rude and condescending. I apologize for that as it was not my intent.
I do my own research. I was just being friendly hah. Also, I don't take things personally here, you were just providing facts/info.

I did come across this. I would not want to be the minority of people who have this issue w/that species.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I do my own research. I was just being friendly hah. Also, I don't take things personally here, you were just providing facts/info.

I did come across this. I would not want to be the minority of people who have this issue w/that species.

Thanks for having an open mind.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon

Read the Vetter BR book. REEEAAD ITTT! I would send you mine but I keep it in 3 freezer zip lock bags and packing paper on the corners. Some of the chapters can get dry but overall it is a damn treasure trove of knowledge for the newly conscripted.