spider ID and care needed

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey I found this spider and about 4 other same ones inbetween two slices of wood that I was about to burn. I was wondering if anyone could give me a clue as to what type it is. And I want to know how to care for it, I would assume that IT would always want to hide under things and never come out. but is there a different way to house them so that it would be easy to feed and see but also so it would like it? Or does it need to be tightly in between things out of sight.

first picture- http://hassman789.deviantart.com/art/spider-I-found-188580358

second picture- http://hassman789.deviantart.com/#/d349xpp

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
looks like female P.praelustris....very much like the ones we have here in Michigan

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like female P.praelustris....very much like the ones we have here in Michigan
Wow It looks like an exact replica to some photos! Thanks. It's pretty quick too! I was prodding it and it was teleporting to different spots! Also had alot of fun catching them since I brought the piece of wood that I was going to burn that had like 5 of those and 2 jumping spiders into my house. I had to round em all up! I strated to run out of jars. I'm going to try and keep this guy. I let the others go. I have him on eco earth with some bark horizontal on rocks, some leaves and some bark leaning on the container. He is a good hider!:D

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
They seem to like softer insects and eat a lot of flies...I have also witnessed them eat other spiders...just be careful and don't pinch them or try and restrain them as they will drop a leg or two
Your really gonna dig these guys...wait till you see a flattened shiny web with a lump...that is a sac....when the feet are rather clean they can climb plastic and glass
Glad to help

revilo

Arachnoknight
hi together,

just a mind : it seems that all this spiders was between the wood because this was their choosen place for hibernation.
so maybe it's not so good to keep this spidies now in the warm house and feed them...

sorry for interference ;)

regards, oliver

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
hi together,

just a mind : it seems that all this spiders was between the wood because this was their choosen place for hibernation.
so maybe it's not so good to keep this spidies now in the warm house and feed them...

sorry for interference ;)

regards, oliver
inverts don't react the same way that 'verts' do...and yes crickets that are smaller 1/4-1/2 are just fine

revilo

Arachnoknight
inverts don't react the same way that 'verts' do...and yes crickets that are smaller 1/4-1/2 are just fine
yes, surely you are right. the affect on vertebrates is much more negative - but they will survive this too.
simply i think it's not optimal for the spider...but not a real problem...

regards, oli