Spider Catcher

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
I have hands. I also don't feel the need to remove spiders from my house. Better than the vacuum for them I guess.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Silly me, all this time I was using a small jar...

I do tend to let spiders hang out, though. It's the wheel bugs, beetles, and other things that I catch and release.

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Next up on YouTube: This one essential tool for handling tarantulas.

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If I lived in an area where dangerous spiders lived, such as a Black Widow, I think I'd have one of those. It apparently doesn't hurt the spiders anyway.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If I lived in an area where dangerous spiders lived, such as a Black Widow, I think I'd have one of those. It apparently doesn't hurt the spiders anyway.
'dangerous'... they are not even near the term 'defensive'. Besides, a lot of people that ended tagged by L.mactans was only for a matter of pure finest bad luck (under the wood, inside a shoe, behind a ventilation grid while working/moving etc) basically every kind of places/stuff where that item would be useless.

Oliverhenderson

Arachnopeon
I've never seen a widow in person, because I live in urban areas that use pesticides. If I ever did see one I'd purchase some predatory insects and release them in my backyard.
why would you kill them their are tarantulas in this hobby that are way more dangerous than a black widow i am 10 times more scared and likely to get bit by m P metallica than my black widow their venom is pretty weak and their are not aggressive or defensive 90 percent of the time. respect them don't kill them you clearly don't know a lot about lactodectus

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The LADbible? What's that supposed to stand for??

I don't think people will release the critters outside, they'll probably set it on fire or something dumb like that. 'look at me, I've caught a badass spider, yay!'
And then, in a few months, bite reports are going up....

salticid

Arachnopeon
this seems so unnecessary, when you could just use a cup and piece of paper to take them out without touching them? i guess some people are too scared to put their hands close to a spider but this still seems like a waste of money lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
why would you kill them their are tarantulas in this hobby that are way more dangerous than a black widow i am 10 times more scared and likely to get bit by m P metallica than my black widow their venom is pretty weak and their are not aggressive or defensive 90 percent of the time. respect them don't kill them you clearly don't know a lot about lactodectus
P Metallica's haven't killed people.. what are you talking about?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
their are tarantulas in this hobby that are way more dangerous than a black widow
There are cases of people dying from black widow bites. Not many, but they exist.

There are zero cases of people dying from tarantula bites.

Given these two facts, I don't see how your statement holds any water.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
You don't even know enough about Latrodectus to spell the genus name correctly. :bored: