Spider article I contributed to with Rod in The Seattle Times!

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:D I look scary in the first picture, and my hands look like spiders in the second one. Oh well! I really hope people reading the article keeps a few spiders from pre-mature death...

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Shannon, Oh my, how TERRIBLY scary you look!:eek::eek::evil:........................:rolleyes: {D

Anyway, that was a very good article. It's good to have members out there such as yourself as frontrunners promoting peace and good will toward our 8-legged friends. :clap:

Terry

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It great to read an article that is full of information and doesn't play up the "spiders are scary" angle. Shannon, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the local TV morning shows asks you to be a guest so you can show and talk about your spiders. :)

Neill

Arachnopeon
The girl in the picture beside that article is absolutely stunning! She obviously wasn't afraid of spiders!
I only scanned the article, as I have to hurry out.. but any good publicity out there is brilliant!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Ha- 1st thing I saw when I strolled into work today. Nice work, Tyro! Well reported, too.

Neill

Arachnopeon
AH!!! I am so embarrassed! I only got back to this thread there, and read the thread/article properly

I stand by my original post 100%... but perhaps not as.. meh, I will just go and hide in the corner for a while...

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D Don't feel bad! I probably woulda done the same if it was a good lookin' dude. Though I honestly think I look pretty awful in the photo on the cover. D: I was trying not to laugh so my expression was "serious" but I just look odd.

So far there has been a lot of positive feedback and curious questions coming my way, so I'm doing my best to give people a start on changing the way they look at spiders.

Sandi, the reporter, and the photographer (both women!) were really great around the spiders. Sandi even pet my jumpers haha. She was awesome. The photographer was sweet and even though she got scared of the spiders a few times ( in her camera lens, she said the spider looked ginormously detailed, so every little movement made her feel it was going after her) she was reallly at ease and decided to take other spider photos on her own! Cool people, it was well worth it.