Spider # 2 or 3, any suggestions?

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am in talks with another member here about aquiring an L. Parahybana sling soon.

So, theres 2 schools of thought covered. My rosie (dry, and kind) And this Parahybana (wet and agressive ;))

What else? I would like to get something showey, yet docile enough to not attack the cage cleaners (Fingers :))

Im really considering a Versicolor, ubt Ive heard that they rarely come out of their hides. Another might be an A. Avic, but how docile are they?

Any other suggestions?

-Jason

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Both the above Avic's are very doscile. It is true that once they build their web they spend most of the day in it. But they can be coaxed out if you want to handle them. They don't always make a fully enclosed web, so alot of the time you can see the T in it's "hammock".

If you are looking for a ground dweeler, try something like a B. smithi as a beginner. Have fun choosing your next T.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
C. fasciatum, would be my pick. Not very aggressive, and simply gorgeous.

Bill

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Go with the brown

A. chalcodes

These guys are super-chill. May not be colorful, but an extremely docile and beautiful spider, nonetheless.

medizinmann

Arachnopeon
hi jason,
i don't know which T's are easy to get in CA ... but i would say:

-chilobrachys andersoni

marc

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh, someone else from Germany and even from the same city. Nice to see you here and welcome :D

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have an A. Avicularia and she chills in her web most of the day but her web is in the lower corner and u can see right into it. I have not handled her but she seems very docile she has not shown any threat positions anytime when I was cleaning or changing the water. Plus I think she is a very nice looking tarantula. If u are able to get a Versicolor though thats what I would get... I want one of those so bad but cant get ahold of one.

Anyways good luck with ur decision

TheDon

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'd say an E.campestratus - a Pink Zebra Beauty...

both looks and personality -- im convinced you could beat mine up and she wouldnt even drop a hair.

that may not be the case with all of the PZBs, but i know MOST (more than the rosea ratio) are very nice.. and the colour change is more vibrant than the rosea i'd say.

pce,
dave

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, So its looking like a PZB or an A. geniculata

Maybe both?

LOL..

-Jason