Sphagnum Moss/Decorations

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all, I will be moving my A.Geniculata from a 2.5 gallon pet pal to a 10 gallon aquarium when it grows and i was wondering if i can put in a bit of spaghnum moss, a smallartifical tree, a piece of bark, stuff like that just to make things more interesting and realistic.......or does the tarantula not care at all and would do just as well with a plain water dish, hiding pot and vermiculite/pottingsoil mix substrate?

Any opinions/suggestion on decorations would be appreciated, thanks!

Mark

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've used spagnum moss as a peat cover, but never as a substrate. Also the Tarantulas could probally could care less for all the decorations. On the other hand if it brings the keeper enjoyment then why not? The more you enjoy your tarantula the better it will be for the both of you. After all this is a hobby to enjoy, so be creative!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I'm certain the tarantulas don't care one way or the other...but I do!
I have them housed in all sorts of weird things..one of my A versicolors is in a 'Sun Tea' jar. One of my GBBs is in a flower vase.
I use champagne glasses with tall stems for arboreal water dishes, and I use knick knacks for terrarium decorations.
I have 2 versi slings in child sippy cups...you get the picture!
Be as decorative and imaginative as you like..just make sure that none of the decor can hurt your T.
I have found Goodwill and the Dollar store to be invaluable for cheap stuff!
Oh, I also use glass ashtrays for water dishes, they look nice, and are too heavy to dump over.