Spermatheca

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Spermatheca will look different from species to species. Here's that fresh female Acanthoscurria geniculata cast skin and it's private bits.
john

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HUH?

Don't see it? Here's some help...
john

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucky guy!

I don't think you could have found a more perfectly intact molt for a demonstration like that! That was as perfect of an example as anyone could ever hope for!

Good on ya dude!

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks for posting that. i have a 6" T. blondi approaching a molt and ive never sexed from a molt before. that will definately help me out. funny everytime something comes up, i sign on here, find a post and my question is answered. if not i ask and get several replies. these boards are a Godsend.:cool:

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That really is a great example. Did you soak the exuvia in anything or was it just really fresh??

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LaRiz,
Nice pic, defentally a clear view for those who dont know what to look for with a cast skin, defentally awsome.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: HUH?

Originally posted by LaRiz
Don't see it? Here's some help...
john

GREAT CAMERA!! Now I know what to look for! When it comes to sexing my T's!

James

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks people,
Remember that this device (the spermatheca) will look different from species to species. Some will look like a large flap, others may be just two separate little loops on each corner of the epigastric furrow.
Since this was a fresh molt, it was still nice and juicy. Totally pliable.
john