Sperm production and introduction

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
My male spider has made what i belive to be a sperm web sperm web, but has not started pacing his enclosure yet in search of a female. How long generaly would you wait to introduce him to the female? What signs should i look for??

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once a male makes a sperm web he should be good to go.

Cass

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
Realy!!! Thanks very much!! Oh, now the nerves are setting in! Have you mixed Tarantulas befor?

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh dear god here we go again

Hybrids are a taboo topic

IF you're suggesting making hybrids DON'T TALK ABOUT IT ON HERE EVER.

People will lose their minds on you if you say you have intent to cross breed.

I'm not telling you one way or the other but just don't post it on here unless you bought / received/ were given a hybrid and you have no intention of selling it or giving it away EVER

If you're using mixed to refer to 2 of the same species living together/breeding then please clarify for us.

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
oh dear god here we go again

Hybrids are a taboo topic

IF you're suggesting making hybrids DON'T TALK ABOUT IT ON HERE EVER, unless you got it that way

People will lose their minds on you if you say you have intent to cross breed.

I'm not telling you one way or the other but just don't post it on here unless you bought / received/ were given a hybrid and you have no intention of selling it or giving it away EVER.

If you're using mixed to refer to 2 of the same species living together/breeding then please clarify for us.
Nobody has lost there mind.. yet. There are so many beautiful Ts i dont see the reason why anyone would feel the need to play Dr. frankenstein. Not that it never happends in nature. Correct me if im wrong, But I dont think there is any proof to say it does happen in nature.

The people against it are just trying to protect the hobby. People who crossbreed could sell those Ts as a new sp. for all we know.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nobody has lost there mind.. yet.

Just trying to head him off though. It always ends up with "don't do it" I'd like to avoid another hybrid thread is all.

I agree with there are so many beautiful tarantulas out there there is no need to hybridize.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wooo there fellas
perhaps the OP is talking of introducing 2 tarantula of the same species rather than hybridising. Or a simple mis-word, which should have read "mated".

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
wooo there fellas
perhaps the OP is talking of introducing 2 tarantula of the same species rather than hybridising. Or a simple mis-word, which should have read "mated".
Could be. But the wording mixed tarantulas when your talking about breeding suggest 2 different kinds. If your making a mixed drink does that mean half vodka and more vodka? Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes, mixed suggests exactly that but if she's a beginner she might not know the correct terms.

Neill

Arachnopeon
Also in Ireland, we still have male and female segregation in schools etc, and so, in that context 'mixing' is in the 'male/female' area.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Neill, thanks for that explanation, hopefully this covers the "hybridisation" worries.
Looking forward to meeting you in January.

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
Omg!! Chillax !!!!!!

What i mean by mixing is mixing a male and female tarantula!!!!! Mixing two sexes. (Thanks Neill) I am mixing Aphonopelma bicoloratum.
I am kinda new to the whole tarantula thing and dont ye want people asking for help when they need it, isnt that what these forums are for.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
What i mean by mixing is mixing a male and female tarantula!!!!! Mixing two sexes. (Thanks Neill) I am mixing Aphonopelma bicoloratum.
I am kinda new to the whole tarantula thing and dont ye want people asking for help when they need it, isnt that what these forums are for.
I was trying to be helpful. :D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You could have used the word pairing, mating, breeding instead of mixing.