speedy breeders

super-pede

Arachnobaron
which species of roach reproduces the quickest?For those of you who own or have raised a baby water monitor you know how much they eat.I need something bigger than a cricket.unless red racers reproduce fastest than I can use them.thanks.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Nauphoeta cinerea-lobster roach are the fastest breeding roaches I have had, but they are climbers so you would need some insect-a-slip that you can buy from Bioquip. They are also just cricket sized. The problem people run into is they want a ginormous sized roach that reproduces just as fast as the smaller ones and it just doesn't work like that.

Cheers,

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hissers will breed like mad and do fine if well kept...I know I have too many, and although they do climb glass, I have not had an issue with using vasaline or mineral oil to rub around the top two inches of the glass...they slide right off.

Rich65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey there, I breed about 35 species of roach from feeders to collectors. I have found if you keep them at warmer temps in mid to high 80's that they will reproduce very quickly. Dubia or discoid sound like the best bet for what your feeding. Once a colony is established you should have more than enough appropriately sized feeders. Keep them warm give them plenty of food and water crystals, also add sliced oranges it really helps with breeding dubia, hissers or the discoid.

RICH