Speed of N incei compared to old worlds

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Question for you all. I don't own any ow's but I do have an n incei (1" 1/2 -1" 5/8). Thing moves like a ball of lightning and I've often wondered how it's speed compares to that of an ow. so i figured id ask. Little scary to think of an 8" spider moving that quick. Thanks for the replies

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The 'theles' genera are very flighty but most OW species are crazy fast. Especially the smaller Africans and most Asian species.

To compare a N. incei to a C. Sheoedtei for example, the difference would certainly be noticeable. Large OW will cover much more ground in about half the time aha

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
its similar to some OW's.

ill say from what I've seen it pales in comparison to Some OW's like H. Maculata or S. Calceatum, or many baboons, but some of the not as skittish OW's are somewhat comparable.

keep in mind, being OW or NW doesn't not always determine speed. one example is Tapi's. they can be lighting fast, even when compared to OW's.

but for the most part OW > NW in the speed and skittish department.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Pterinochilus lapalala is the fastest species I have ever seen. I still get the shock factor when they bolt and I have been working with this species for a while now. :wideyed:

Icculus

Arachnosquire
its similar to some OW's.

ill say from what I've seen it pales in comparison to Some OW's like H. Maculata or S. Calceatum, or many baboons, but some of the not as skittish OW's are somewhat comparable.

keep in mind, being OW or NW doesn't not always determine speed. one example is Tapi's. they can be lighting fast, even when compared to OW's.

but for the most part OW > NW in the speed and skittish department.
Pterinochilus lapalala is the fastest species I have ever seen. I still get the shock factor when they bolt and I have been working with this species for a while now. :wideyed:
It's pretty crazy they can move that fast. Thanks for the input.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
@Icculus Just wait until you venture out of Theraphosidae and into the world of true spiders(if you do) They are the fastest.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
It depends on size as well. A smaller T is harder to focus on, and it makes them look faster.
true. the inverse is also true, you may have a larger T that is intact slower, but it make look faster because of how much farther its legs can make it move.

Like my LP is slow movement wise compared to my OBT, but when they both bolt, it takes her the same amount of time to tavel as far usually, the difference being one of her legs alone is the equivalent of my OBT's entire body haha.

its like a 8' guy walking next to a 4' tall guy. sure the 4' guy is moving his legs way faster, but it takes like 4 steps to match the other guys 2 haha.

still a lot more worried when my OBT gets out through. dude is a little bullet whole My LP just likes to slap stuff.

Icculus

Arachnosquire
@Icculus Just wait until you venture out of Theraphosidae and into the world of true spiders(if you do) They are the fastest.

Ha. Sometime soon. It's crossed my mind. I found a sling at my shop awhile back. I caught it and was going to raise it there,see what it grew up as but at the end of the day I let it go.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Either my C. huahini hasn't shown me the full extent of its speed or my E. cyanognathus sling is the fastest T I own, and I mean "bolt out of it's enclosure, do a lap of the outside and be halfway up my arm before I've even registered that it moved" fast.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Either my C. huahini hasn't shown me the full extent of its speed or my E. cyanognathus sling is the fastest T I own, and I mean "bolt out of it's enclosure, do a lap of the outside and be halfway up my arm before I've even registered that it moved" fast.

oh, trust me, your C. huahini IS holding back.

mine hasn't shown me much speed since i got it, but the other day i accidentally bumped her enclosure kind of hard while moving my LP's tank, and I've never seen a T move so quick. it didn't last long, but boy did she show some real Burst Speed.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
oh, trust me, your C. huahini IS holding back.

mine hasn't shown me much speed since i got it, but the other day i accidentally bumped her enclosure kind of hard while moving my LP's tank, and I've never seen a T move so quick. it didn't last long, but boy did she show some real Burst Speed.
Yeah, I suspected as much, the only time it's bolted on me it didn't go very far before stopping (out of its enclosure and onto the outside of the bigger container that I had that in) but it was pretty bloody fast.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Question for you all. I don't own any ow's but I do have an n incei (1" 1/2 -1" 5/8). Thing moves like a ball of lightning and I've often wondered how it's speed compares to that of an ow. so i figured id ask. Little scary to think of an 8" spider moving that quick. Thanks for the replies
Everything people said about size/speed perception is true. Large OWs, cover a lot of ground, but some do not move any slower than a N. incei, having witnessed a P metallica on the bolt, and seeing my juvi incei move like hell too.

Personally, I have found all my OWs to move faster than any of my NWs on a regular basis.

Check out YouTube, this is probably the best resource for looking at speed for a species you don't own.

louise f

Arachnoangel
@Icculus Try watching the speed of this little guy, at the end of the video he bolts so fast. Dont blink your eyes or you`ll miss it. :D Lol. Crazy fast he surprised me.

As for comparing to the old world i would say that the fastest i ever experienced is the P.murinus, C.darlingi. Besides from that no one can compaire the speed of an Tapi.
With just the one exception as true spiders like the huntsman, or viridasius sylvestriform. Those bastards are crazy fast. :D

Icculus

Arachnosquire
@Icculus Try watching the speed of this little guy, at the end of the video he bolts so fast. Dont blink your eyes or you`ll miss it. :D Lol. Crazy fast he surprised me.

As for comparing to the old world i would say that the fastest i ever experienced is the P.murinus, C.darlingi. Besides from that no one can compaire the speed of an Tapi.
With just the one exception as true spiders like the huntsman, or viridasius sylvestriform. Those bastards are crazy fast. :D
That made me laugh. Thanks for the good time. Gotta run. I'll call you though I swear. Seriously though that kind of movement is what got me curious to ask the question. It's crazy to think that a larger T can have that kind of quickness.