Speed of Life on Discovery

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just watched two male tarantulas fight in slo-mo (don't worry, in the wild). Fancy high speed cameras, all kinds of cool critters. Check it out if you get a chance.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Darn i missed it! I saw a tarantula on the commercial and wanted to see it, but I forgot:wall:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I watched it also. It was pretty good, but I did laugh when they said the male "baboon spider" took 8 years to mature. Anyone else think it looked like P. chordatus?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Im watching it now! Awsome T fight. I caught it just in time. hope i get to see more spideys

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
"the tarantula has claws like a cat at the end of its legs that it can retract..."

"the rattlesnake has "reserve" fangs in case it loses one in its prey"

about scorpions "the bigger the stinger... the more venomous it is!!!"

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just learned that the "pink toe tarantula" resides on the forest floor. That must be why mine didn't make it - I had it set up as an arboreal.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey y'all. I caught it after 20 minutes or so. Narration in reference to centipede- "a 100 legged freak that eats brains" {D{D

Terry

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what

Just watched two male tarantulas fight in slo-mo (don't worry, in the wild). Fancy high speed cameras, all kinds of cool critters. Check it out if you get a chance.
what was the name of the show?

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"the tarantula has claws like a cat at the end of its legs that it can retract..."

Pssh, facts. I guess they blew the budget on the cameras, and just fudged the rest;)

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
I watched two episodes last night, both were stunning. Although the T information was a bit off as already stated. The whole "10 years for the babboon tarantula to mature" (looked like P. Chordatus) and the fact that they said it had "Irritating hairs for defense" but I was impressed with the show over all. Much respect to the dudes who sit there and film this stuff, I'm sure the conditions can suck big time, but a cool job IMO.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I just learned that the "pink toe tarantula" resides on the forest floor. That must be why mine didn't make it - I had it set up as an arboreal.
{D I simply now want to watch it for the LOLs "Where's my popcorn!?" {D