Species suggestion for this enclosure

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Just sharing an 8x8x12 enclosure I set up for a future heavy webber I will be getting 😁

IMG_5369.jpeg
IMG_5368.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Would be good for one of the Harpactira species...

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Would be good for one of the Harpactira species...
was thinking OBT since I already have two H. Pulchripes and want another sp instead.

Edit: but looking for suggestions still. I got three gbb juvies and a mf balfouri housed

Last edited:

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
M. balfouri, GBB. OBT would be cool as well, awesome spiders.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Was considering the h.incei before I learned it was a dwarf species.
Never owned one, but I've seen some (eventually unsuccessful) communal incei setups like yours. Agree that incei wouldn't be the best choice.

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Never owned one, but I've seen some (eventually unsuccessful) communal incei setups like yours. Agree that incei wouldn't be the best choice.
Oh I don’t want a communal setup, too complicated for me 😄

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
A Chilobrachys fimbriatus would go nuts webbing that enclosure up they do good work.
They're obligate borrowers, this would be an inappropriate setup for one. I think the Chilobrachys enclosures you see that are filled with webbing are usually like that because there's something wrong with the way they're being kept.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
GBB.

M. balfouri, Chilobrachys, and OBTs to a lesser extent are fossorials and require a much deeper (and in the case of the Chilobrachys, much more moist) substrate.

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
A Chilobrachys fimbriatus would go nuts webbing that enclosure up they do good work.
I saw this species but it seems this setup is inappropriate for the fimbriatus..
They're obligate borrowers, this would be an inappropriate setup for one. I think the Chilobrachys enclosures you see that are filled with webbing are usually like that because there's something wrong with the way they're being kept.
The OBT seems like a good choice
GBB.

M. balfouri, Chilobrachys, and OBTs to a lesser extent are fossorials and require a much deeper (and in the case of the Chilobrachys, much more moist) substrate.
If I wasn’t able to rehouse my mf balfouri then she would have gone straight to this enclosure..

P. Murinus zimbabwe
The dark form for the dark enclosure 💀😈 I like how you think

Tulip

Arachnopeon
Apart from all the tarantulas that have been suggested, a spider like a Linothele species would look absolutely amazing in there.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah. I just don’t like small Ts man 😅
Yeah and I expected lasiodora to get massive when I first got one , mine are hardly bigger than a rose hair . And two are growing very slow , my first lp got a tumor rip . But small Ts are harder to feed I’ll give them that , I would not mind a dwarf t the smallest I had before was a obt which also didn’t do well .. maybe someday I’ll get another one . Prices seem insane now for obt !

tommyno

Arachnopeon
Nice designed enclosure although I'm not a big fan of skulls and other 'scary' decorations. I wouldn't recommed it for OBT ... I think adult OBT needs more substrate... I would go for one of the smaller Poecilotheria or GBB

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Yeah and I expected lasiodora to get massive when I first got one , mine are hardly bigger than a rose hair . And two are growing very slow , my first lp got a tumor rip . But small Ts are harder to feed I’ll give them that , I would not mind a dwarf t the smallest I had before was a obt which also didn’t do well .. maybe someday I’ll get another one . Prices seem insane now for obt !
Here in Asia they’re quite cheap as I am being offered a mf obt for only $7 and slings are around $2.
Nice designed enclosure although I'm not a big fan of skulls and other 'scary' decorations. I wouldn't recommed it for OBT ... I think adult OBT needs more substrate... I would go for one of the smaller Poecilotheria or GBB
I was trying to emulate an enclosure with plenty of roots going down to the substrate. I still got 2 three+ inch gbb’s I’m waiting to molt so see if they’re female, if another one is fem then she might go into this enclosure

IMG_4449.jpeg

My gbb female in her 7x7x7

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Gotta love a glass side burrow! Beautiful spider.