Species Questions

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey yall.... just got a few questions about a couple of species that im not too familiar with

1)Lasiodora difficilis (Brazilian fire red)
2)Lasiodora striatipes (Bahia Dark Grey Giant Birdeater)
3)Haplopelma sp. (longipedum) (Vietnamese tiger)
4)Cyriopagopus thorelli (Malaysian Earth Tiger)

if anyone owns any of these species or has ANY info on them...plz let me know......quickly if possible

LATER

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
vietnamese tiger

I have two of these, and they're characters to say the least. Mine don't burrow like they're supposed to(I know they can't read caresheets), and they've webbed up almost exactly half of their jars. Mine eat a lot and are very aggressive compared to my other T's. Everytime I move their jars, I'm greeted with a threat display and a few strikes in my direction. These t's are great if you want something aggressive in nature.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by ACoopBB24
hey yall.... just got a few questions about a couple of species that im not too familiar with

if anyone owns any of these species or has ANY info on them...plz let me know......quickly if possible

LATER
I found my L. difficilis dead today. It was a 5/8" sling and it looks like it dryed out. I misted it cage pretty often, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Ernie

T

Tarantula

I have Malaysian Earth Tigers. One is a male and the other is a female and both are adults. I am currently mating them as often as possible to ensure that I can get an eggsac. They are quite pissy and will hiss if disturbed and do not hesitate to strike. They are very gentle when courting though and tolerant of each other.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: Species Questions

Originally posted by MrT
I found my L. difficilis dead today. It was a 5/8" sling and it looks like it dryed out. I misted it cage pretty often, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Ernie
yeah, i lost 3 l.dif slings last week. broke my heart... i think they were the runts of their sac as i bought several from the same person--the 3 i lost were the smallest of the bunch. alas... :( it's been a rough winter for me. lost my first tarantula--a curly sling who apparently had a rough molt. when i found her, she was completely out of her exo and dead as can be. pobre kelly. sorry to hear about your loss MrT...

kellygirl

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

LATER
i have several of the fires but i havent had them long enough to tell you much about em. mine are only about 1/2-3/4 and none have molted for me yet. they are quite the little burrowers though! of course, most of my slings are, except my little GBB who web up a storm!

this is just a guess, but are you being tempted by todd's latest sale? those species look like the ones i saw on his list. i opted for a c.thorelli as well as the 2 avic species. couldnt pass up those prices!

sorry i cant be of more help to ya!

kellygirl

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha

u were tempted as i was kellygirl......sorry to hear about your wee ones.....but sounds like you added a couple great ones to help you get over it.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: haha

u were tempted as i was kellygirl......sorry to hear about your wee ones.....but sounds like you added a couple great ones to help you get over it.
so what did you decide on? did you get your order in by 1am? :}

kellygirl

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nah....i really wanted an Earth Tiger or a difficilis.....but i didnt put in an order.....when i got into this hobby....i didnt know it would be so addicting...lol