species confusion? g. rosea

omni

Arachnobaron
These are pix of recent T's I bought. Both were sold to me as Paraphysa scrofa, Chilean Coppers. The first is "Goldie", from TarantulaInc.com. She has no metallic sheen, is light tan to brown, appears to be in need of a molt. The second is one I bought from Adam Jansen at ajexotics.com. I have had 2 opinions, one in person, telling me Goldie isn't a P. scrofa. Although I do love her, she's a cool spider, I did not want a g. rosea for <edit> shipping, know what I mean? Can anyone experienced with g. rosea and p. scrofa give a little info? Is there any gender variation in color?
How about if it's still up in the air, could I send an molt to someone to have it ID'd? Thanks, Im kinda stressed over this :8o

Last edited by a moderator:

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Both looks like G. Rosea. Definately the one on the left.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the one on the right I would bet money that it is in fact a P. scrofa

omni

Arachnobaron
3 other p.scrofa slings I have from botar are also very orangeish like the 2nd pic and look like pix I have pulled from the web as p. scrofa. I emailed tartantulainc, but there's a show this weekend, so I'll hafta wait until Monday to see what I can do. Also, my 4 other coppers tend to climb the glass, Goldie doesn't at all.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The first pic is G.rosea and the second is P.scrofa. I am 100% sure. What I have noticed is that P.scorfa females tend to have an enlongated abdomen.

It's just coincidence that all your P.scrofas climb glass and your G.rosea doesn't. You can't ID a T by that.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Left is rosea, right is without a doubt P. scrofa.

I too have some scrofa from Adam.

-Sean

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Look at the mirror patch. If it's round, it's G. rosea. If it's crescent shaped, it's P. scrofa. I had a little confusion with this myself when I bought what I thought was an RCF rosie

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
rosea

T on left is definitely rosea, dont have any opinion on the scrofa, since I dont have one.

omni

Arachnobaron
thanks, everyone.. looking through grammastola pics, mine looks just like this g. rosea in #89 of the genus pics. *sigh

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks, everyone.. looking through grammastola pics, mine looks just like this g. rosea in #89 of the genus pics. *sigh
Did you contact the person that sold it to you, I say you deserve a refund or even a female P.scrofa shipped to you free of charge.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Irony

Here's some irony; I recently got a P. scrofa but really wanted a G. rosea RCF! :wall: Hasn't molted so I don't know if M/F yet, but is definitely scrofa.