special powers

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
or a full grown blondi. the size of them things alone intimidates me!

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And yes they can eat not just there own species, but other ones too. I have fed mature males of different species to my L. parahybana as I had no females to breed with them and no one else that I know of had no use for them either. So it was a fast death for the males and a good meal for my L. parahybana. I know it might sound cruel but the males would die anyways and why not give a good meal to another. I have given her a P. cambridgei....a N. chromatus.......and the last one was for breeding, but she decided to eat the nice sized L.parahybana male........I don't just feed her these just all the time, but the first 2 mentioned just were not going to make it and why waste them. I didn't have to feed her for over 2 weeks with the snacks she had. And it is not like I am the first to do this. others just don't mention it..

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My T. blondi has the power to take down large, higher-order vertebrates. I'd say that's an impressive power.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What about kicking urticating hairs ? I don't think anything else does that. Even a porcupine contrary to popular belief can't kick or shoot hairs/spines at you.

This is just for NW only...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What about kicking urticating hairs ? I don't think anything else does that. Even a porcupine contrary to popular belief can't kick or shoot hairs/spines at you.

This is just for NW only...

You have a point, but there are things that can shoot other stuff at you, like the venom from a spitting cobra.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, sit an old lady down, and have a G. portentosa walk up and stick its legs up in the air at her. I guarantee she'll freak out.:D

-Sean
I think I'd be more scared of the old lady sticking her legs up.... lol.

Sorry couldnt resist!:D

parrington21

Arachnopeon
my b.smithi sling that ive had for 8 months has just molted and its transformed into a b.emilia, cant wait for it to molt again......lol

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive given it some thought. i guess if you had a magnafier and looked through it you could see a flea in a threat stance. could be really scary i guess.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Many people are scared of fleas, and the 'diseases they carry'.

-Sean
really not trying to make fun, just struck me funny. i just cant picture a flea looking threatening like a t or a snake.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just straight outta my mind I seem to remember something about T's venom being extra potent against rodents as these are one of the big enemies to a T. At least burrowers I guess. Evolution rite thar! {D

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine levitates objects and uses mind control to achieve her ajenda.

All female Tarantulas are capable of getting other species to take care of their young for them.