Speaking of Poecilotheria.........

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, this makes tattoo #10, I think....So far my only spider-related one, but I'm sure there will be more to come. lol...
Any suggestions??? :p

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Since this is a family friendly forum I wont say what I was gona say...

Anyways...
T. blondi

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Out of curiosity, how much do tatoos cost ? Like that one, for example ?

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That one was $220, not including tip. Some of my smaller ones were in the $50 range, though, and the bigger ones go up to $600+.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
HOLY CROW tats are expensive! And to think, my brother is COVERED in them ! :eek:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is the complete tattoo in greyscales, or the whole picture?

Dennis

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tattoo is greyscale for the moment...Getting some colour added to it soon, though, and maybe a few leaves/etc around her as a border. :)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice...

Looks pretty good even in the greyscale but the added color should really set it off. Nice work on it at any rate. Been thinking of doing a P subfusca for my next one if I don't decide on another species.

Phil

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Was this flash from a picture, or a drawing done from one? Looks pretty good so far, be interesting to see how the greys and whites come out if you can get a good color picture when it's done..

Bill

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
That tat looks awsome. I wasnt to get a P regalis but the guy who did my last tatto siad my skin dosnt take to white ink very well. I'm cared to get one now.

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Was this flash from a picture, or a drawing done from one? Looks pretty good so far, be interesting to see how the greys and whites come out if you can get a good color picture when it's done..

Bill

This was actually done free-hand from a photo I brought in...He sketched the bare minimum of an outline, then filled everything in by hand....Amazing isn't it!? I couldn't believe it, especially considering this guy knows next to nothing about spiders... ;)

You can see the original picture
here...

Thinking about getting a P irminia next...Or at least the "lightning bolts" on my wrists :)

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice tat, but damn, I never realized they were so expensive!

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I assume you can get tatoos cheaper, but you probably wouldn't want to! Remember, you're probably going to have the thing for the rest of your life. To me, cost would be the least of my concerns.

I don't have any tatoos and don't plan on getting any, but if I were I'd choose the artist based on quality of work, not price, because I'd have to live with it a loooong time!

That's a nice one, though.

Wade