Speaking of fast and venomous... P. Irminia is missing.

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
My P. Irminia is missing. I had thought it had dug a hole at the base of it's cork bark and was hiding. I was going to leave it alone but over the past 2 days the mold went from I hope it would die when the substrate dried out to nuts and I found some yellow mold which scared me. I moved the cork bark expecting to see a flurry of legs or an angry sling to find... nothing. Dug around a little bit and still nothing. The only thing living I can find is a meal worm and mold. My last hope is after looking closely at the cork bark I can see it's a veritable labyrinth I bet a sling would be thrilled to make it's self at home in. The sling is .75". I will now be inspecting cork bark more carefully to make sure this isn't the case from now on. Is it possible the meal worm ate it? It had molted about 3-4 weeks ago so that shouldn't be an issue and it was bigger than the meal worm. It was in one of those zilla enclosure you build y yourself that's held together with rubber bands. Maybe it got out?! I always hated the thought of the way that encloser was designed... I should have trusted my gut. It's already in the trash.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
If you’re not seeing it. I’d argue it’s gone. That’s coming from someone who knows where their T’s are at, at all times. Now determine how it disappeared.

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
Ugh, I hate the thought of this. Losing a Tarantula is inexcusable and unforgivable... I'm going through the substrate lump by lump.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
They can wedge themselves into nooks and crannies of corkbark pretty good, but likely you would have seen it.

After you open the enclosure do you make it a habit when you close it back up to visually see the T?

I haven’t seen the enclosure you’re talking about in person, but where the holes smaller than the carapace? Or even small gaps in the enclosure make great exits.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I hope you find it ! Fingers crossed its just stashed really well. And sending chilled vibes panicking won't help anything .

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
I thought everything was sealed well but after pushing things around I can see how the door can be leveraged to make the hinge hole wider. Picture attatched. Also a picture of it's sibling. After looking, I can see how it could have squeezed out.

I'm not panicking, more angry with myself. I have 2 golden retrievers, one very old. Golden retrievers, especially old ones are very susceptible to venom of all kinds; spider and snake being the worst.

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Wasn't the rubber on?
Then there is a good chance that the sling has escaped. This dwarf is not a threat to the dogs, rather the other way around!
Good luck...

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The animal is not even an inch tall, so you are a danger to the spider and not the other way around. Before it bites you, you will crush it in your sleep!

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
The animal is not even an inch tall, so you are a danger to the spider and not the other way around. Before it bites you, you will crush it in your sleep!
Wasn't worried about getting bitten, would its fangs even penetrate being that small. It's more, feeling like something is crawling one me all night long.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Bet ya sleep on the sofa tonight, I would be sat up with the lights on 😳 i am a big wuss though.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
You bought the animal voluntarily, you shouldn't really be afraid of that! If so, it's your own fault... ;)
Maybe buy a bed first, then a spider?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Sleeps on floor. Gets bit by p.irminia. Turns into spooderman. Has all the same capabilities as Spiderman, just way clumsier and less coordinated.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I think for me it would be more worry than fear everytime I felt a tickle I would think it was the t then b gutted when it wasn't plus the thought of crushing it while I slept .... I would be gutted 😫

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
Bet ya sleep on the sofa tonight, I would be sat up with the lights on 😳 i am a big wuss though.
Nope, I'll sleep just fine on the floor like usual once I finally get to sleep. Sleeping on the sofa would require admitting to the rest of the family, that was die-hard against T's in the house, that I was dumb enough to let one on the loose. I'd rather be bit by a P. Ornata... At least then the pain eventually would go away.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Spooderman, spooderman, who can lose their tarantula, OP can. Can’t spin a web of any size, catches crap from all the guys.
Look out! Here comes the Spooderman!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Nope, I'll sleep just fine on the floor like usual once I finally get to sleep. Sleeping on the sofa would require admitting to the rest of the family, that was die-hard against T's in the house, that I was dumb enough to let one on the loose. I'd rather be bit by a P. Ornata... At least then the pain eventually would go away.
Ahh might want to atleast tell them don't think your misses would be happy if she found it in the towles

ApexApinkPanda

Arachnosquire
leeps on floor. Gets bit by p.irminia. Turns into spooderman. Has all the same capabilities as Spiderman, just way clumsier and less coordinated.
Describes my life perfectly. I'd turn in to the balding, fatter, clumsy spider man that swings in to the side of buildings and drops damsels in distress to their death. On the brightside, I think I found my signature.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Describes my life perfectly. I'd turn in to the balding, fatter, clumsy spider man that swings in to the side of buildings and drops damsels in distress to their death. On the brightside, I think I found my signature.
... if I were you, I'd rather look for my spider ...