Sparassidae Photos - Huntsman of All Species

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I personally an fascinated by Huntsman (Sparassidae) and started this thread not to post my pictures but to see yours. Here are a few that I took recently to get this started.

Cerbalus sp. (Sinai Desert Huntsman)

H. boiei (CB Female) waiting for a sack ...

Tychicus sp.? Malaysian Tan Huntman

I'll post more later - but as I said I'm looking to see photos other than my own.

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice! spiders:clap: i love the green hunstman,that's next on my list:)

cabey0201

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got an orange Malaysian with an eggsac that I'll try to get some shots of up soon. I read the post about the sinai and their lack of aggression. Do you know of any other "less than aggressive" huntsmen? My orange is a double shot of speed and evil. Her sac looks like it's about to explode at any minute. I can't wait!!!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got an orange Malaysian with an eggsac that I'll try to get some shots of up soon. I read the post about the sinai and their lack of aggression. Do you know of any other "less than aggressive" huntsmen? My orange is a double shot of speed and evil. Her sac looks like it's about to explode at any minute. I can't wait!!!
that's awewsome, i have 1 aswell,and she also laid an eggsack,held onto it for acouple of days and let it go,i got it out,and it was flat/empty:eek: weird she never laid any eggs in there.she just teased me{D i got to get a camera to take pics of my true spiders aswell:wall:

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cerbalus sp. 'White Huntsman'

I know I am obsessed with this species - good news - got contact info for an Arachnologist in Cairo - positive ID coming quite soon.

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
H. bioei

Awesome photos - you need to find a girl to pair you male H. boiei up with!

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow I love the huntsman they are so impressive how big they are and the colors that they have. Were did you get that green huntsman (H. boiei) ?

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
H. boiei

Heteropoda boiei AKA Malaysian Green Huntsman - was a direct import from Malaysia. I do not have any for sale right now but CB projects are in the works. The Cerbalus sp, T. modesta and some others are available on my site.

Helio

Arachnopeon
Wow, wonderful photos
i would like to post a pic of my Polybetes sp. (they are sparassidae aren't they?)
but my cam sux and im very poor on taking pics ;(

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sinai Desert White Huntsman - ID Progress

So I have recieved an uncertain ID on the 'Sinai Desert White/Black Huntsman'. So far - surely a Sparassidae and the ID I received from a well renowned Arachnologist as per photos is Eusparassus walckenaeri.

I am having several live specimens taken to him within the next few days for a confirmation. I am very excited as I have been trying to ID this spider since it appeared sporadically in the hobby, there has been L. arenicola, Cerbalus sp. and now it turns out to be a Eusparassus sp. which all photos I have found solidify this ID. When the confirmation of Eusparassus walckenaeri comes back we will all know just what species this fascinating spider is! :clap:

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
i also like huntsman spiders, so here are my orange huntsman spiders from Peter Grabowitz.

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
'Sinai Desert White Huntsman' Breeding (pre and post male munch)

Here are some photo I snapped when I had paired up some of the 'Sinai White Huntsman' (ID coming by Thursday). All females set aside for breeding, which were mature but had not dropped egg sacks since I had them, were paired up with a male. As I put each pair together after power feeding the female; their copulation turned into the male being eaten without chance of escape. The females did not even release their grip, they just flipped him around after about 10 minutes of rolling around and began to drain his abdomen. Here are some photos:

Enjoy. Oddly enough this is the most gentle Sparassidae I've had - I guess that doesn't apply to post-mating. :?

Arachnoporium

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know how I missed these H. ven pics and I am just absorbing them now - great photos of an great spider. Sparassidae of any species - will never get old. I love to watch them take a full size cricket @ 1". We've all got out favorites and there are so many more to come.

The shot of the sack just opening is my favorite - how are the slings doing?

Thanks for the photos!

here's my H. venatoria

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quick question on Orange Huntsmen behavior.

I have 2 females I assume to be mature.
When I first got them they quickly ate everything in site for the first 2 nights I offered food and they were also completely wired. Since then they have slowed down quite a bit as far as eating goes. They are also much less spooked.

Their abdomens are huge, really round...could they be preparing for sacs? Molts?
I would love to hear from other keepers keeping Orange huntsmen (Thelcticopis modesta).

Should I be concerned?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 2 females I assume to be mature.
When I first got them they quickly ate everything in site for the first 2 nights I offered food and they were also completely wired. Since then they have slowed down quite a bit as far as eating goes. They are also much less spooked.

Their abdomens are huge, really round...could they be preparing for sacs? Molts?
I would love to hear from other keepers keeping Orange huntsmen (Thelcticopis modesta).

Should I be concerned?
if their abdomens are huge it's a very good chance they are gonna make some sacs,mine did,but she ate right up to the time she laid,i only feed my female 1 cricket a week. awesome spiders:clap: