Space to fill

Eddie The Head

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all!

Well... It's about time I got an arboreal tarantula. I have a 30*30 cm wide, 50 cm tall enclosure. I've been thinking about Poecilotheria ornata or regalis, to fill it up, but I'm willing to findother interesting species as well. What are your suggestions? I don't really have color or behavioral preferences, it just has to be a tarantula, really

Thanks for any input :DDD

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey y'all!

Well... It's about time I got an arboreal tarantula. I have a 30*30 cm wide, 50 cm tall enclosure. I've been thinking about Poecilotheria ornata or regalis, to fill it up, but I'm willing to findother interesting species as well. What are your suggestions? I don't really have color or behavioral preferences, it just has to be a tarantula, really

Define interesting?? It’s easier if you make up your mind and ask specific questions.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
P metallica, p irminia, p victori, lampropelma borneo black, versicolor.
What kind of arboreal do you want?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
What you want is also dependent and should be based on how much experience you have as well. Always take your own experience into accountability before deciding getting a certain species.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Can never go wrong with Caribena Versicolor or Avicularia Avicularia
Way more beautiful than any pokie IMO

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Can't go wrong with a Psalmopoeus. My irminia isn't as reclusive as they're alleged to be, but they do have a rep for hiding a lot. I've heard cambridgei is more visible but mine is still a sling. Upsides of both, or any other Psalmo, is that their venom isn't as potent - important if you're a beginner.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
I agree with the psalmopoeus suggestion honestly. I am absolutely in love with my pulcher, and my cambridgei is pretty cool so far too, great appetites, IME the pulcher is super active, especially at night, and loves to web, hunt, and just do spider things in general, great genus and species that is a must have for any collection. I can't suggest any OW's, as I own none.

centipeedle

Arachnosquire
Hey y'all!

If it's your first arboreal, I wouldn't suggest a pokie, unless you have lots of experience with fast OW's. Maybe go with something like a P. cambridgei or a C.versicolor.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
P. cambridgei is my favorite in my collection. Big, gorgeous, killer feeding response, and almost always visible. Can't go wrong...they're awesome spiders. My favorite species so far.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
If it's your first arboreal, I wouldn't suggest a pokie, unless you have lots of experience with fast OW's. Maybe go with something like a P. cambridgei or a C.versicolor.
y’all talking about first arboreal, my first T was a pokie (yikes, i know) kept her for a good 2-3 years before finding out about their venom and whatnot. i gave her away fairly recently