Space saving enclosures

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I'm looking to expand my collection of terrestrial Ts. I need some good space saving ideas for containers that look nice preferably:p Something that will fit a T 3-6". There's a 3" female A. chalcodes that I have my eye on. Might be my next purchase. Thank you!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm looking to expand my collection of terrestrial Ts. I need some good space saving ideas for containers that look nice preferably:p Something that will fit a T 3-6". There's a 3" female A. chalcodes that I have my eye on. Might be my next purchase. Thank you!
The best I have found for terrestrials are the ExoTerra Breeder Boxes. They seem to have the lowest profile, and they are stackable. But for Ts that need to dig deep burrows they are not suitable.

For Ts that can live out of a hide buried under some sub sorta, they could be fine I think, all things being equal.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i just go to Walmart and cruise around checking out all the Sterlite boxes for a half hour or so. you can find all shapes and sizes.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Exo Terra medium flat Faunariums or Exo Terra breeder boxes, I keep my A. chalcodes/B. smithi/B. albopilosum in them, both are stackable and they're more than adequate for non-burrowers that tend to stay out a lot or will use a part-buried hide, they're not really suitable for burrowing species as you can only fit about a 3-4" layer of sub in them because of the side vents.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use quite a few of these: Shoe Boxes

They have very good clarity, easily stackable, cheap, and have the perfect dimensions I need for a lot of different species (non-arboreal).
Measurements are 13" x 7-1/2" x 8-1/4" h

Nyke

Arachnopeon
That's too expensive. Here's what I use.

Get these boxes. And then do some work to conver them to these terariums:

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Ive been using the Model car display cases from hobby lobby,

range from 7-14$ each depending on the side, VERY stackable and all thats needed for terrestrials is a Few Air holes.

they have a range of sizes that can accommodate slings all the way up to Full terrestrial T's. i think the longest is ~18" wide and a good 6-8" tall perfect for any terrestrial that isn't a super deep burrower.

the biggest benefit for these imo is that they are very easily and securely stackable and with a shelf you can keep a good number of them longways and still have a crystal clear view of your T's. heres one of my GBB i recently rehoused. and this is only one of the middle sizes(about 15" long)
for reference, the GBB is about ~4.5" when Fully extended. 18222187_1498104126889490_2466234824628892918_n.jpg Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 5.32.14 PM.png

Attachments