1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Source for Tailless Whip Scorpion (Amblypygi)

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by ajmckay, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ajmckay

ajmckay Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello everyone,

New member here. I'm looking to purchase an Amblypygi from a reputable source to use in educational programs. Not too picky about species, though the bigger the better. I'd also prefer captive bred, but it's looking like that's pretty uncommon. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. ajmckay

ajmckay Arachnopeon

Just realized this may have been better off in the classifieds section, my apologies!

3. aphono

aphono Arachnobaron

Your best bet would be wild caught Damon medius simply because they're what's available. Adults or even juveniles of other species are practically never available and usually sell out immediately.

If you decide to try medius, my advise would be keeping them in super humid conditions- just described these in the other thread- to help them recover quickly.

Post recovery they're rather hardy & fun species to keep. Also very big in size and presence! :) They do need fairly high humidity to thrive but it's easy to figure out with experience by watching their behavior.

If you're set on CB, I do have third instar medius bred by myself. Feel free to PM me if interested?

4. ajmckay

ajmckay Arachnopeon

I am very interested! I will send you a message :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.