Source for Tailless Whip Scorpion (Amblypygi)

ajmckay

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

New member here. I'm looking to purchase an Amblypygi from a reputable source to use in educational programs. Not too picky about species, though the bigger the better. I'd also prefer captive bred, but it's looking like that's pretty uncommon. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

ajmckay

Arachnopeon
Just realized this may have been better off in the classifieds section, my apologies!

aphono

Arachnobaron
Your best bet would be wild caught Damon medius simply because they're what's available. Adults or even juveniles of other species are practically never available and usually sell out immediately.

If you decide to try medius, my advise would be keeping them in super humid conditions- just described these in the other thread- to help them recover quickly.

Post recovery they're rather hardy & fun species to keep. Also very big in size and presence! :) They do need fairly high humidity to thrive but it's easy to figure out with experience by watching their behavior.

If you're set on CB, I do have third instar medius bred by myself. Feel free to PM me if interested?

ajmckay

Arachnopeon
Your best bet would be wild caught Damon medius simply because they're what's available. Adults or even juveniles of other species are practically never available and usually sell out immediately.

If you decide to try medius, my advise would be keeping them in super humid conditions- just described these in the other thread- to help them recover quickly.

Post recovery they're rather hardy & fun species to keep. Also very big in size and presence! :) They do need fairly high humidity to thrive but it's easy to figure out with experience by watching their behavior.

If you're set on CB, I do have third instar medius bred by myself. Feel free to PM me if interested?
I am very interested! I will send you a message :)