SOS T TOOK A FALL PREMOLT! HELP!!

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Guys i left today for work at 9:40 and all my critters were fine! But i came home at 7:30 and our cat got onto the shelf whith my spiders and nocked down 2 of my Ts! One pre molt! I found her on her back but She's not responding except for single leg twitches in only three legs! I don't know how long she's been like this or what to do! Do I flip her right side up or leave her?!! All the other are fine, but at this point I'm waiting for a deathcurl

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Guys i left today for work at 9:40 and all my critters were fine! But i came home at 7:30 and our cat got onto the shelf whith my spiders and nocked down 2 of my Ts! One pre molt! I found her on her back but She's not responding except for single leg twitches in only three legs! I don't know how long she's been like this or what to do! Do I flip her right side up or leave her?!! All the other are fine, but at this point I'm waiting for a deathcurl
How much premolt? Premolt as in you were expecting a molt today, or premolt as in just started refusing food? If the t is upside down on its molting mat, leave it. Meaning, if there is a clear mat of webbing underneath the t, leave it.
If there is none, and you see a rupture somewhere, especially the abdomen, flip it over and try to seal it if the rupture is leaking hemolymph. You can seal with flour, from what I read. I would sprinkle some on a q-tip and try to very gently put it on the rupture.
If there is no molting mat and no sign of a rupture, all you can do is flip it upright and make sure its waterdish is full. What species is it?

Pictures are essential for us to help further.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
It's also in gallery but this is her currently...whats the outlook? She's not twitching regularly it's more of a comatose whith every small slow movement coming a few minutes at a time

Attachments

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
A chalcodes, I'm not sure if she had a molting mat, she didn't seem to when I left. But since it was nocked over I did find a large ball of web wich may have been. She's already gone into not eating and she has a giant bald patch down to her spinners.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
It's also in gallery but this is her currently...whats the outlook? She's not twitching regularly it's more of a comatose whith every small slow movement coming a few minutes at a time
I would leave it like that for now. Doesn't look to be in super heavy premolt and there isn't a molting mat, however, I wouldn't do anything super drastic in case it is attempting a molt anyway. In heavy premolt, the abdomen should be black/grape-colored. I would leave it in the dark for about 30 minutes then check on it again. At that size, after 30 min, the t should be just about popping its carapace if it is molting, or closer to finishing its molt. And in any case, if it isn't molting, 30 minutes more would probably not be a problem.

However, take my advice with some salt, as this has never happened to me firsthand before.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Also, should be noted that the position the t is in, is closer to the "classic" molting position of t's.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
If there is none, and you see a rupture somewhere, especially the abdomen, flip it over and try to seal it
No there's no ruptures anywhere I can see either. Sorry my phone won't let me reply to anyone for some reason, only quote -_-

Pictures are essential for us to help further.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Her abdomon has only begun to darken somewhat, but it's not full abdomen at this point. My other Ts are such slow growers I have no experience in these scenarios! Thanks for the quick reply

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
The usual answer: leave the T alone. I don't see a rupture or leaking hemoglyph.

But I don't understand what happened from your post. The cat knocked the T down? Or the cat knocked the enclosure over?
I would expect to find the T covered with substrate and the whole enclosure a mess.
This reads like the enclosure landed upright, no harm no foul -- just an upside-down T?

At any rate, without more information or understanding -- best to leave the T be. And just keep a watch on it for now.

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
She appears to be going into a death curl... what happend was the cat knocked over the enclosure (off shelf table thing) and the lid appears to have popped off somehow, I dug her out from being buried in dirt and she was upside down like this, fell from about 2 1/2 feet off the ground and she landed on carpet. I But i dont know how much she was thrown around or bumped, or how long she was there for. I'm assuming currently she got internal injuries and is now succumbing D'X

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
We're gonna hope she's faking and I'll wake tommorrow with the Same number of T's I started today whith! :bag:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
She appears to be going into a death curl... what happend was the cat knocked over the enclosure (off shelf table thing) and the lid appears to have popped off somehow, I dug her out from being buried in dirt and she was upside down like this, fell from about 2 1/2 feet off the ground and she landed on carpet. I But i dont know how much she was thrown around or bumped, or how long she was there for. I'm assuming currently she got internal injuries and is now succumbing D'X
I understand better now. So sorry that happened.
Unless you see an actual injury -- not much you can do but wait and see. Which you already know - I am just sharing your frustration that this happened and T's future is so up in the air right now. :(

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Thanks Ive tried to reset her up in her enclosure whith proper temp and humidity, but since she has no web mat either, I'm evermore concerned. I'm just happy my other babies are all perfectly fine. Although my l.p. is quite nasty tempered a the moment (the other shook spider, luckily top stayed closed!)

ChickenTaco

Arachnosquire
Alright last question, although I'll find out tommorrow. What's the likelyhood of a successful molt if her abdomen hasn't darkened? she's still shifting legs veeery slowly in attempt it appears. But although she has somewhat darkened its not full way, mostly along where her spine would be I suppose. Id take a pic but i dont wanna disturb her! Will she simply give up? Or will it just further lead into a death curl?

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Well, if it's dying from internal injuries, there's nothing you can do at this point. It's worth noting that the "death curl" posture is taken much too specifically sometimes. Just because the legs happen to curl in when upside down is not necessarily a cause for concern. The classic death curl occurs when the T is upright, and the legs have folded inward.

Ts will vary in the time it takes for them to molt. Just check for movement, and wait it out. That's all you can do now.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Nothing you can really do except leave it till it starts to smell.
Sorry this happened to you. I trust your cat will not have access to your shelves again.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
In my opinion the position looks like a normal molting position I'd expect to see when a T is about to molt.

Phases

Arachnoknight
My goodness I just found this thread and now I'm on the edge of my seat. Sounds awful, hope she pulls through! I have a couple cats myself but they are in my office which is locked if I'm not in it.

MGery92

Arachnosquire
It is sad to hear, I hope your little spider make it out alive. Keep us posted!