Sort of a bald spot? And sexing

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
But not a normal spot. It doesn't look like the bald spot Ts get when they flick hairs, it kinda looks like a scab really. I was taking pictures to see if anyone could give me a guess at her sex when I noticed it. So, what's with the spot, is she a she, and a bonus question, is she in premolt? I really don't know what color a rosehair is supposed to be when NOT in premolt, so I don't have much to go by.

"Bald" spot on bottom and ventral sexing shots (G. rosea) :

Odd scab like something on her rump. Is this what the hairs look like when they grow back or something?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Female.

Not sure what the spot is, wait till she molts to see if it goes away.

Hard to say if she's in premolt without a typical bald spot to go by. Just keep her dry and offer her food every couple weeks, and she'll molt when she's ready. They can go a very long time without eating and without molting.

Don't forget they typically flip on their backs to molt.

aquaArachnid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's why Rosea's are my favorite.. Very interesting to watch/keep tabs on

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
could the bal spot on the bottom of the abdomen mabey be a scar of some sort? (just a geuss)

VickyChaiTea

Arachnosquire
Thank you for mentioning that xhexdx! Tarantulas molt differently than other inverts, most never go on their backs like that.

I will offer her food less often (currently giving 6 once every two weeks) and monitor her.