sorry its a rosie question

smokin420311

Arachnopeon
hello all i say sorry in advance
i have serveral t and 3 of them are rosies
one rosie in perticular is acting strange it used to be chill like the others
just sitting around and beaing a t ya know nothing
now in the last few days he is rrunning around his tank like a bat out of hell
i have no idea y i havent changed any thing temp is about 80 humidty is about 70 is this normal? substrate is coco fiber
a little damp at the bottom dry on top does not want food witch is normal he ests like once or twice a month at most any help to get my t to calm down would be cool
ps sorry i spell real bad

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have to provide more information than that. Your setup is within the "acceptable" bounds. Is your T a mature male?

Maybe it's just in the mood to run around?

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No need to apologize for asking a rosea question. That's how most of us got started. I love roseas!!!

Roseas like it dry, no wet in their tank at all. This could be it. Also, is it a male or female and has it molted lately? Mature males do the kind of behavior you talk about.

smokin420311

Arachnopeon
this rosie i have no info on cant tell if its as femal or male got it at pets plus impuls buy they had it in a small real smal tank wit two emporer scoripens that took over its hide log and no one wanted to touch it to get him out so i did and then decided to keep him i have had him/her for about 4 months looks to be an adult substrate is dry i guess i will take a pic and see if its a femal or male

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i pic would be very helpful and it disgusts me that they would have scorps and t's together... eventually it will be 2 scorpions and no t or no scorpions and one t... thats horrible

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you are having a hard time then take a look at the bottom part of its front 2 legs (NOT the pedipalps). If you see tibial spurs (hooks), then it is a mature male. Another indication is the "boxing glove" look the pedipalps get after molting to a MM.

Here's a link as to what tibial spurs look like:
http://www.thebts.co.uk/old_articles/images/plate5.jpg
http://www.atshq.org/articles/gif/male.jpg
http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/rosea-spurs1.jpg

"Boxing glove" pedipalps:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.tarantula.store/male1.jpg
http://www.bighairyspiders.com/pix/rosea-palps1.jpg

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
tried to take pic but lots of glare you know how to get rid of it?
1. If you can turn off the flash, do so.

2. If you have a macro setting, use it.

3. If you cannot turn off the flash, angle the camera so that the light from the flash will not be reflected back to the camera lens (i.e., avoid straight-on shots).

4. If glare is coming from surrounding reflective surfaces (table tops, e.g.; or even light-colored upholstery) you can eliminate it by covering the surfaces with dark towels, black/dark construction paper, etc.

5. If the glare is actually overexposure, you're probably going to have to bite the bullet and brave your owner's manual and see if you have manual settings.

HTH. :)

--Diane

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Change the angle between your lens and whatever it's reflecting off of so the light will reflect away. Try a 45 degree angle.

For this question a picture from above will be fine, and there is no surface to reflect off of if you take it from above.

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you have an automatic flash you can also simply take the T's tank outside on a bright day - your flash won't go off and there will be plenty of light for a good pic. This worked for me on a camera that got dropped causing it to be stuck on the last settings.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well right off the bat i dont think you should keep the humidity that high
they like it fairly dry except for a water dish
so that might be the reason why its freaking
and another reason it would freak out is because its a rosie:rolleyes:

some pics would help when my ts mature they are no londer hiders they run around and never sit still for too long

when you get pics we ca figure it out but for now lower the humidity;)

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't see hooks. i have a confirmed female rosie and she will do everything from just sitting there to climbing and digging and webbing ect. yours is gorgeous!

kupo969

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can't see hooks because those pics are at a bad angle. Also, I can KINDA see one pedipalp and I can't really tell if it is a boxing glove. Try to get a side shot of its front two legs or a clear pic of its pedipalps.

reclusa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can't see hooks because those pics are at a bad angle. Also, I can KINDA see one pedipalp and I can't really tell if it is a boxing glove. Try to get a side shot of its front two legs or a clear pic of its pedipalps.

I agree, a side shot would help. I think that is a male pedipelp also.

John

Alex080

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is Definitely a male try putting him out for loan if you don't have a female.
they only live for a year and a half at most after maturing well at least thats how long my males did i regret letting them go to waste

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, he's freaking out because he's looking for love. He will most likely keep pacing around until he simply wears out.