Soooo many molts these 2 weeks!

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
On 3-31, my GBB spiderling molted....then on 4-2, my little B.smithi juvie molted.....then on 4-8, my G.pulchra spiderling molted.......and just now on 4-9, my (one of them) B.emilia spiderling molted.
Am expecting a couple more molts from my other B.emilia spiderling & my A.moderatum juvie.

At 12:35 a.m. this morning.......found my B.emilia trying to molt in an upright position.......never had a T molt in that position.......needless to say.....I was a bit panicked ...........I then gently........ohhhhh sooooo very very gently. with a piece of soft tissue, got him/her rolled (very slowly) onto his/her side to complete the molt. (At that time the legs were just starting to come out.)
At 1:00 a.m., the molt was completed.
I do hope that all will be ok & that I did not do any harm ........but just could not see it being able to complete the molt standing up.......it has now, at 1:28 a.m., turned onto its back & is flexing the legs & now has them all curled up (still flexing) into a little ball. I do hope that this is a good sign that all went well after all.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I haven't experienced a larger T molt yet. My slings seem to have molted with absolutely no problems at all. So that gives me encouraghement when my older ones molt. I hope you Emillia is doing fine.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My baby versicolor moulted upright the other day, and my A. geniculata moulted kinda vertically a few weeks ago. Doesn't seem to have done them any harm :) Congrats on all your moults.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe......thanks for the kind words.:)

The little tyke seems to be just fine......guess I was just worried because of the new experience of an upright molt.......but......am getting to be an old hand at it...........because........now my OTHER B.emilia sling has just finished molting in an upright position & all went fine. It sorta toppled over on its side just when the legs were all coming out & appears to be okie dokie. :D

Guess those two were talking to each other & deciding it would be fun to put one over on me & do something a little bit differently.:D

Maybe with all these molts..........it's because the spiders are wanting to put on their new Easter clothes? =D