Soon to be scorpion owner here.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
So lets say its a juvenile would i need large meal worms or small. Ive tried keeping crickets before and they always die easy and meal worms seem to last way longer.
Just regular mealworms because giant mealworms are hormonally treated by chemical inhibitors that has also been used as a fly pesticide if I am not mistaken.

Fishforbass23

Arachnopeon
Ok cause i dont wanna choose like small meal worms and they be not of intrest because they're too small

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Any advice on handling?
AFS may not want to be handled, and their claws are quite painful and can draw blood. They are willing to use their sting too (nothing worse than a bee sting).

But I have handled them before. Best method is to let them crawl onto your hand and walk them using both hands like a treadmill letting them crawl from one hand to the next, etc. Also walk them on your hands above a bed or a table so if they do have a spill they won't suffer an injury. Avoid elevation.

And once your done let them crawl back off your hand back onto their terrarium substrate.

If you make an attempt to handle the scorpion and it immediately takes a threat posture, it would probably be better if you don't press the issue as it will use those claws on an errant finger.

And I would be leery handling adult/subabult though, their claws are strongest and their pinch very painful.

Fishforbass23

Arachnopeon
AFS may not want to be handled, and their claws are quite painful and can draw blood. They are willing to use their sting too (nothing worse than a bee sting).

But I have handled them before. Best method is to let them crawl onto your hand and walk them using both hands like a treadmill letting them crawl from one hand to the next, etc. Also walk them on your hands above a bed or a table so if they do have a spill they won't suffer an injury. Avoid elevation.

And once your done let them crawl back off your hand back onto their terrarium substrate.

If you make an attempt to handle the scorpion and it immediately takes a threat posture, it would probably be better if you don't press the issue as it will use those claws on an errant finger.

And I would be leery handling adult/subabult though, their claws are strongest and their pinch very painful.
Oh ok. I was going to consider holding it like once a month. Also do they need calcium with d3? I bought reptile calcium thats got D3 and is phosphorus free i believe.

Fishforbass23

Arachnopeon
Oh ok. Google is wrong then lol because alot of websites say to dust them. I had a leopard gecko once and at first never dusted or gutloaded his food and he never got sick or anything. He grew big just fine without supplements and never had a problem.