son of a diddly!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got back from w tx and listened to my phone messages. My neighbor said he killed this 8 to 10 inch "caterpillar thing" with a red head and black body in his house he's building. I hope it wasn't that big one that got out. But that big one was brown so maybe it's a diff one ...either way, bad news. He wants me to check it out so I'll try to do that tomorrow. He said he has it in a jar. That'd be cool if it was another 9-10 inch pede. Not cool that it's dead, but at least I can take a look at it. Good news is that when I got back, I noticed an S. heros heros with eggs. I found this one gravid so I'm pretty confident about babies hatching. Guess I'll post a pic later.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well there are more babies to come than centipedes that died so the count is good :). I think sc.h.heros are great, please let me know when the babies hatch, i dont want to miss my chance of getting some CH ones this year :).

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He just brought it over. It was a smaller one, about 5 or 6 inches. ok, I'll let y'all know how the egg thing goes.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He just brought it over. It was a smaller one, about 5 or 6 inches. ok, I'll let y'all know how the egg thing goes.
guys are always saying somethign that is 5" long is 10" must have a problem judging distance lol

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And he's a building contractor! A lot of measuring going on there ... even building his own 2 story house by himself ...even making his own bricks! Pedes sure look bigger when they are moving around.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hope you told him he killed something alot of people would give quite a bit of spare change for!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I thought about it but I didn't. So now he will call me when he sees one and I can catch them for free, ha!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aha....you smart man. That is even better. ;P

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya, I have some people around here that know to call me when they find something like this. I have acquired many free and cool reptiles and bugs this way.

Andy