someting strange with my P. metallica

WRXspecR1

Arachnopeon
what this black spot on the lower left book lung could be? still don't know what to do with this.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Maybe she did not shed her lung properly last molt, looks like that at least. Hopefully it corrects itself on the next molt.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
By that definition that would almost be consider a cyst not a bruise. Anywho hopefully the sling corrects the problem in the coming molt.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would say fungus like Mycosis too much humidity this is very common with scorps so I am sure it could efect T's as well

WRXspecR1

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replys.... I will wait for the next molt. I hope it will be OK, it seems doing fine... I had no problem to feed it since I noticed that.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is the lung open on the bottom? It looks swollen. I would worry that the lung is infected or parisitized. I guess I would just watch it to see if it changes size, leaks pus, or your T acts sick. Was there a molt recently or should it molt soon?
T's can't bruise like a human. Bruising is the breaking of capillaries in the skin and leaking out and pooling of blood in the skin. Spiders don't have skin or capillaries, they have an open circulatory system and an impermeable (generally) exoskeleton. The closest they could come to a bruise is hemolymph (their blood) leaking out of their exoskeleton, which is basically bleeding.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like to me the book lung is more like a tall lump compared to the normal lungs, so an inflammation/ infection of some kind? Since the T seems to be acting normally so far, it might be something that will get fixed at the next molt. I dont know, but I guess you will have to wait and see how the T is after a molt.

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agreed, I would adopt a wait and see policy. At 3 weeks post molt it looks fat enough to make it through the next molt even if it loses its appetite due to sickness. It's most likely one of 3 things:
1. Bad molt: sometimes unavoidable but low humidity can contribute.
2. Injury from fall or debris: Check the enclosure for sharp objects like rocks, wood, shells, pottery, etc. And make sure their is enough substrate to cushion a fall.
3. infection: bacteria, fungi or mites colonized the lung. Consider changing out the bedding and letting the bedding dry out periodically to cut down on microbes in the substrate.

You probably know all this but I thought I'd offer my suggestions just in case any of them are helpful. Best of luck and keep us updated.