something you NEVER want to hear...

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
THE H.MAC IS OUT!!!!!!!!!

i just looked in my h.mac cage and i couldn't find her anywhere.i'm REALLY frieked out!what should i do!it's about a 3" female.this is only the second invert that has got out in 3 years,so it's not like i lose them alot.the last was a baby scorp that could evidentally climb glass and ditch a KK.the H.Mac was in a 1 gallon jug with some of the top hole sawaed out and screen hot glued to it.there is a small hole in the screen that i think she made and slipped out of.i'm REALLY scared!what should i do?how can i catch her,or atleast and unfornately kill her.i have a cat in the house that i really don't want to get bit.what should i do?!

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should first and foremost calm down you won't be helping the sitiuation with you freaking out!!

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look at night with with a red light and leave the lid off just incase she comes back. See if you can find a web trail.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry,I read the bite reports and it doesn't sound like it'd be good if it bit my cat.I'm not too worries about myself as I'm a lot bigger and I live 5 minutes from a hospital.anyways,I'll look tonight.I tore apart the room it was lost in and I couldn't find it,so it's prbably in the house somewhere.how long can they go with out food?she hasn't eaten for a week prior to her escape,and she had a pretty small abdomen as I've been on vacation and haven't been able to feed for a week.thanks for your help!

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Have you checked your curtains and drapes? H. macs are arboreal as I recall, so she should be heading up. Leave out a water dish for her in a high spot, see if she goes to it.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
My wife would make me get rid of everything if that happened to me. GL finding the lil girl. Night time is a great time to check for lost Ts, especially really early in the morning just after midnight.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Like someone else said , you should try calming down . Look near the cealing (spelling?) corners , lamps , etc . Im just asking a question though , how big was the hole ?

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Look down near the floor for the time being especially in between something nice and tight the tarantula will need a while to calm down to lol its not use to being out of its enclosure, and oh yeah check ur shoes before putting them on!

GL

C

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am calmer now.and the hole was about an inch and a half to two inches.it wasn't there before,so i think she pushed through it.it's not a strong screen,so...anyways,i'll be looking for her!

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's probably hiding under your bed and waiting for you to go to sleep so it can creep up and crawl inside your mouth.....{D

Just messin' with you......Try not to think about that when you're laying in bed.

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
It's probably hiding under your bed and waiting for you to go to sleep so it can creep up and crawl inside your mouth.....{D

Just messin' with you......Try not to think about that when you're laying in bed.
You are evil, do you know that? Not that I can talk...

Just rember, since it's an aboreal there's a very good chance it's above your head...you by chance don't have your bed set against a corner do you?

Rabid538

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should put your cat in a room you know the tarantula hasn't gotten into, or that is farther away from it's enclosure. Then you can calmly look for the H. mac. They hate the light, as I'm sure you know. So you will have better luck if you look for him at night.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I FOUND HER!!!!!!!!

i was walking back to my room to go to sleep,when i saw a blur out of the corner of my eye.i looked and saw her sitting on the wall!my heart jolted.i'm still shaking.i am VERY happy!!!!thank you everyone for your advice!!!now i can sleep tonight!the scary part is that she was heading towards my room!i caught her at my door frame!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
In the future, skip that flimsy mesh! I've seen pictures of Ts chewing through 1mm hole sheet (metal). I'm surprised we don't have more escapes! But a little mesh is surely not going to stop any T if it wants out. Do something more solid!

Congrats on finding her!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yea,i learned my lesson.the only adult OW i own had to be the one to escape.and she's usually in her burrow,so she must have gotten bored and decided to try to get out.oh well,no harm done.i'm sure she had fun,as it looked like she was coming from the living room!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

and that was messed up!lol!it's pretty funny though.i would have done the same thing if i saw that someone had lost they're h.mac.of course,i had to be the dummy to lose it!lol!

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Sure glad that you found her - - I'm not looking forward to my first escapee. Somehow, I think it'll be an adrenaline/panicked feeling akin to the first time I got tazed.