Something starting to grow in tank

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
C6333881-F5AF-4750-86EE-C5B6A04E0A82.jpeg 224D864E-1BE4-4080-9AA0-569509D9F76F.jpeg 657C2C96-6A76-4895-9E2C-6344FBCBAB55.jpeg I have four Vinegaroon tanks and every tank has a piece of cork bark, large piece of moss and reptil soil as substrate except one is coco fiber. One of the tanks has a small green plant looking thing starting to sprout. It just pushed thru the dirt in one day because I check every tank daily and it wasn’t showing yesterday. I do mist all the tanks at least once a week but I don’t leave it drenched in water. Humidity sits anywhere between 75-85. I’ve not had any issues with mold or fungus as of now. I tend to spot clean the tanks and provide clean water often. It would look pretty cool if a plant started to grow and add some life to the tank but should I be concerned and remove the plant or let it continue to grow and see what it becomes.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I wouldn't worry about it, but keep in mind that the plant might not last long (through no fault of yours--those are tough conditions for a plant)

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
I don’t have real experience with live plants, I’ve never used them before except the current moss in the tank, but whats considered tough conditions in my current set up? I wouldn’t change any of the living conditions that would cause a subpar life for the creatures, I’m just curious.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I don’t have real experience with live plants, I’ve never used them before except the current moss in the tank, but whats considered tough conditions in my current set up? I wouldn’t change any of the living conditions that would cause a subpar life for the creatures, I’m just curious.
Low light, you probably won't fertilize, you probably have a shallow soil lair with no drainage. You'll end up with periodically hypoxic and waterlogged, hypersaline, nutrient poor substrate with low light, which even a pothos might struggle with.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Low light, you probably won't fertilize, you probably have a shallow soil lair with no drainage. You'll end up with periodically hypoxic and waterlogged, hypersaline, nutrient poor substrate with low light, which even a pothos might struggle with.
And the usual paradox of as low bioactivity as possible to reduce hazards for the animals.